Sign in to follow this  
billhuntsman

A few problems

So far I am liking the program very much, but I did have a few problems that I'd thought I'd mention.1) Although I had the FMC programmed and activated, the FO did not change the flight number to 1201 and did not change the landing elevation to 400 (it remained at 100). I am 90% sure that the FMC was activated before he started his checklist, but I'll have to try again to be sure. However, I am positive that the FMC was activated long before he got to the landing elevation part of his checklist and yet he did not change this value. The takeoff data card was OK so other FMC info did get incorporated.2) I do have my name entered in the Flight Information Placecard Menu through the configuration manager. However, when I "sign" the loadsheet what appears is the generic phrase "Captain's signature".3) Although the MECH call button does summon the ground crew, there is no horn sound as described in the tutorial.All of these are small issues, but I thought I'd bring them up. I'm looking forward to making it a little farther up the learning curve tonight.

Guest ilpagaia

>2) I do have my name entered in the Flight Information>Placecard Menu through the configuration manager. However,>when I "sign" the loadsheet what appears is the generic phrase>"Captain's signature".Did you tried to check what "Captain" name is displayed in the ATR72 Virtual Ckp in the frame close to the rear exit?Let me know.Ciao

Hi there,:) Just wanted to add to what Stefano wrote. Please make sure you've run the ATR Config Manager. First reset, then apply you preferences (With cold and dark cockpit) - and run the default Cessna, before loading the ATR.. This might clear up some of your problems - If you already have done this - my apologies.

Thanks for the suggestion. I had opened the config manager and pressed save, but I had not reset the settings first. I also discovered that my name as pilot had been entered, but for the house colors model, not the one I was flying in the tutorial. This time I reset first and made sure that my name was entered for the correct model and then saved. I'll see tonight if this fixes the problems.

Hello Bill,I think you're on the right track, but one thing I'd like to point out:With The MECH you should hear a horn sound. That's actually part of the F1 ATR itself, it's not a sound FS2Crew adds.Try holding the MECH button down for a couple seconds to hear the horn. You can't just tap it.All the best,Bryan

Hello Bryan,I started with the cessna in a new flight. I do have the horn sound. However, the FO is still not setting the correct flight number nor is he setting the landing elevation to 400. The FMC was programmed before he started his checklist. Any idea what's going on?Bill

Hello Bill,Flight Number: The FO will write it on the Takeoff Data Card. He will not however enter it on the Flight Data Entry Panel, which is what I think you're referring to. The reason he can't is because you could enter a flight number like ABC1201 in the FMC, and FS2Crew can't seperate the ABC from the 1201 and stick that in the FDEP. I'll double check the manual to clarify this.Landing Elevation: What's the arrival airport? For landing elevation FS2Crew references the airport database contained in the ATR's FMC. Perhaps there is an error in the FMC's database? Also note that the FO will set the Landing Elevation to Ldg Elevation plus 100. So if you're landing at a sea level airport, the FO will enter 100 feet for the Landing Elevation.Hope that helps,Bryan

Thanks, Bryan. From reading the manual I got the impression that the flight number would be changed on the pedestal. I also got the impression that for the tutorial flight the FO would be entering 400 feet. I haven't checked the actual elevation of RKPK, but I will do so. Maybe things are working as they should.Bill

Hi Bill,That 400 feet mentioned in the manual is just a number I threw out; it's not meant to reference the tutorial flight at all.Busan (RKPK) is really close to sea level, so the FO should set 100 feet for the Landing Elev.Hope that helps,Bryan

Hi Bryan,Thanks. So far everything went well with my flight tonight until I got overloaded during the approach. Each try gets better. By the way, it does say in the manual that the FO will set the flight number in the pedestal, so you might want to revise that sentence. I just thought of another question -- is there any other way to get rid of the takeoff data sheet and the landing data card other than right clicking and choosing "close window"? That was how I did it.Bill

Hello Bill,Glad to hear it :-) Until you get really comfortable with FS2Crew, the best thing to do is give yourself a really long final which will give you lots of time to set up and be ahead the curve. Try get your speed back to 160 before intercepting the glideslope. It'll help prevent you from getting overloaded.I'll check the manual regarding the flight number. Are you looking at Manual V1.2? I'll make that little revision if it's still in 1.2.For Takeoff and Landing Cards, you can close them by clicking on the Text itself that says "Takeoff/Landing". There is a large hidden clickspot there.Also, as a hint, you can re-open the TO and LDG cards by left clicking on the top left button on the chronometer.All the best,Bryan