Sign in to follow this  
Guest jan_tutt

cannot load groundcomm gauge

Guest jan_tutt

Hello!I have a problem when I load the ATR I get an error message saying that FS9 cannot load the groundcom gauge. thus leaving me sitting on the airport with no comms to the ground crew not being able to startup my engines.... maybe there is a solution for this problem. I did everything as it said in the manual, I even reinstalled the ATR and the new service pack before installing fs2crew. please help, alos via email jan_tutt(at)gmx.deThanks in advanceBest regardsJan

Guest ilpagaia

Ciao Jan,try to remove ATR and reistall it WITHOUT the new service pack.Just to reinstall ATR and then FS2Crew.Try this procedure and let me know what happen.Ciao

Guest jan_tutt

ciao stefano!I did as you said, the problem is still there. greetings,jan

Guest jan_tutt

Hi there, me again!The problem still persists. :-erks to give you a guess what i did so far:1.)The gauge FS2CrewGroundComms.gau is in the Gauges/Fs2Crew/atr/ folder. I checked that.2.)I can see it in Panel Studio and Panel Studio loads it just fine. FsPanelStudio says lots of interesting things when it loads the ATR panel, but I don't think that any of these have to do with my problem...3.)I added FS2CrewGroundComms.gau to the learjet Panel, the same error occured. my suggestion is, that my gauge file is corrupt. Maybe there is a Dll missing or something like that.Do I have to update to FS 9.1 ?Besides this error i thinke I will like this edition even more than my cessna and Boeing edition! ;)RegardsJan

I'm not sure about 9.1 - but I would install it anyway, if I were you.1. When do you get this error that the gauge will not load? Before or after - the blue "ATR nav update" - and do you CTD? - I sounds like the plane loads?

Guest jan_tutt

The error appears almost instantly after I select the ATR. It gives me the warning twice.It does not crash to desktop, I can use the plane and FS2Crew just fine until I get to the place where I have to communicate with the ground crew to start up in Hotel mode. The black area appears where the gauge should be I even heard the ground person saying sth- the gauge didn't appear though. crazy isn't it?Cheers!Jan

Hello Jan,Just to double check:1. You're loading the ATR exactly as per the FS2Crew manual. You're in the Cessna. You're not using a Saved Start Up file. The ATR is configured for Cold and Dark.2. Are you "slewing" at all after you load the ATR?3. Failing that, send me screen shot of your FS9/Modules folder.All the best,Bryan

Hi Jan,I just pinned a thread on top. A couple other users had a problem similar to yours and they solved it by not used saved start up files.The solution it seems to always "create a new flight" with the Cessna, be in the Cessna's cockpit, and then load the ATR.Cheers,Bryan

Guest jan_tutt

My startup procedure:1.)I select the default cessna and the default airport.2.)I hit the "Fly now" button or whatever it is called in the english version.3.)I wait until everythig is loaded and I sit in the default cessna on the Runway at KSEA.4.) I open the Aircraft Menu and select ATR725.)The Aircraft starts to load and MSFS tells me that he cannot load the gauge. I try to reproduce it the way MSFS spells it. The error Message is something like: Fs9 cannot load the following Software or Gauge:GAUGESFS2CrewatrFS2CrewGroundComms.GAU.He does this twice.The Aircraft then continues to load, after it has finished loading all FS2Crew windows po up shortly closing afterwards. The only window that is still open is the window for the GroundComms Gauge. I can start FS2Crew and use all the Gauges and Windows up to the point when GroundComms.gau comes in. The Ramp agent tells me sth and the black Window Background pops up.To point this out: I installed The ATR and FS2Crew several times today, following the EXACT description in the manual.This has been quite lengthy but I hope to have given you a detailed description of my problem. I will email you a zip of my modules folder, so that you can determine if there are any problems with that. I hope to get it working soon take it into the air.... Thanks for another great product anyway, i'm sure the failure is in my system not in your software!Best regardsJan

Hi Jan,Thank you for the kind words.It's strange because the other people who had your problem corrected it by not using saved start up files.I think I may know what the problem is though.Please send me the Panel.cfg file located in your ATR's Panel folder.admin@fs2crew.comThanks, we'll get this sorted for you in no time.Bryan

hellosame problem here with the groundcomm gauge. as soon as i select the F1 ATR in the menu FS9 says that there is an error with that gauge, the aircraft (atr) loads then normal, i got a black window in the upper left corner (where the faulty gauge should be).I followed strictly the manual when setting up my flight (no saved flight, did everything in the config.manager etc).Thanks for any helpRon

Another user had that problem and he fixed it by re-installing FS9.Re-installing FS9 is not something most people want to do, however.Pls send me an email:admin@fs2crew.comI need to ask you some questions about your system.Cheers,Bryan

Guest Japhy

Hi!I just bought the ATR edition and I'm sorry to say, but I also experience this problem (groundcomm gauge not loading). I did everything as it is said in the manual. Started a new flight with the standard Cessna, cold & dark cockpit, I started inside the 2D-cockpit.regards,Joerg

i solved this problem on my system by removing the activecamera.dll from the modules folder. Do you use Active Camera 2004 version 2.0 or 2.1 ? If so try removing this dll but make a backup. It works for me in that way that i can now use FS2Crew with the ATR but cannot use Active CAmera 2004 anymore.Hope this helps,Ron

Guest Alexxx

Hi to all!.I use active camera and not get any error.Very strange this.Alex.