Sign in to follow this  
Guest Riker13

Stuck, please help.

Guest Riker13

Ok I am going throught the tutorial, I have everything going to plan, up until the final cockpit preparation checklist, I press the main button to ask for this but nothing happens, I have changed the assignment of the key several times but still nothing, the secondary (standby) works, what could be the problem?Many Regards

Hi,Try this:Don't touch the Main Button until after the FO hands you your Takeoff Data Card.Also, confirm that after the FO hands you your Takeoff Datacard that the mode changes to "FCP" (Final Cockpit Prep) as indicated in the Mode Box on the Departure Briefing Page.You need to be in FCP mode to run the FCP checklist.I hope that is of some help,Bryan

Guest Riker13

>Hi,>>Try this:>>Don't touch the Main Button until after the FO hands you your>Takeoff Data Card.>>Also, confirm that after the FO hands you your Takeoff>Datacard that the mode changes to "FCP" (Final Cockpit Prep)>as indicated in the Mode Box on the Departure Briefing Page.>>You need to be in FCP mode to run the FCP checklist.>>I hope that is of some help,>>Bryan>>Dear BryanI have tried this and still no luck.Regards

Hi,There is a hidden test function you can try.Left click on the MODE text on the Departure Briefing Page.A number will appear to the left of the Mode Box.That number is like a counter: it represents the number associated with the Main Button and each click of the Main Button.For example, in the FCP checklist, when you click the Main Button for the first time you should see the number 10. Click it a second time you should see 20, and so on.See if the numbers are going up when you click the Main Button.If not, then I suggest resetting your FS2004 Keyboard assignment to their default values and re-entering the ones for the Main and Secondary Button.I suspect you've got a conflict with some other key assignment.Hope that helps,Bryan

Guest Riker13

Dear BryanThe number does change when I press the main button but it decreases, so it goes -10, -20 and so on, but does not allow me to move on to the final cockpit check with the FO.There is no conflict with any other key either.So what do you think this could be?Regards

Guest Riker13

Dear BryanDoh! that was it, silly me.Many thanks for your help and quick responces.All the best.

>There is a hidden test function you can try.>>Left click on the MODE text on the Departure Briefing Page.>>A number will appear to the left of the Mode Box.>>That number is like a counter: it represents the number>associated with the Main Button and each click of the Main>Button.>>For example, in the FCP checklist, when you click the Main>Button for the first time you should see the number 10. Click>it a second time you should see 20, and so on.>>See if the numbers are going up when you click the Main>Button.Hi Bryan,It has been a while since I flew the ATR version. Do I remember correctly that using this "counter" function it was also possible to reset a phase? Like if you missed something or got the simulation confused, you were able to reset this number and start the phase/checklist over?

Hi Kyle,I'd have to double check the manual, but I don't recall it being possible to reset a phase via the counter. In the newer versions of FS2Crew you can reset a phase. I *hope* to be able to do something about this in the FSX ATR version.Cheers,Bryan