Sign in to follow this  
Guest lbb

Is it possible to hear hear the marker beacon's sound?

Guest lbb

Hi Bryan,I realize the secondary button is linked to the marker beacon, but does this mean the marker beacon's beeps are permanently disabled? I haven't heard any marker beacon since using FS2Crew and I was thinking even if the secondary button switches it on and off chances are it should have been on at some flights.Regards,Leo Bakker

Guest lbb

Hi Bryan,I just spent an hour and a half fruitlessly trying to get the marker beacon to sound, flying over the marker over and over and over but I can't get it to work. Interestingly, when I switch from Cessna to the ATR in mid-air with NAV1 ident on, it will still be on in the ATR, but that doesn't hold true for the MRK. No matter what I try for the marker beacon in the ATR it doesn't work. I have the MRK on at the audio panel and touch nothing, no luck, the next time I frantically push the secondary button, in the Cessna it works as evidenced both by the light and the sound going on and off and in the ATR nada.Could you tell me exactly how you get it to work?Thanks,Leo Bakker

Hello Leo,EDIT: See if you can get the marker beacon to play by loading the ATR without an FS2Crew modified panel.cfg.EDIT 2: I just looked at my own code. FS2Crew basically uses the marker beacon ident toggle switch for the Secondary Button as you know. It automatically turns off the Marker Ident after you've pressed the Secondary button (kinda like resetting it so you can use it again).Now you could leave the marker beacon ident on, but that will cause a confict with the Secondary Button.. certain Secondary Button calls will automatically play, which you won't want.Ever watch that show Seinfield? Remember the episode where the "Soup ######" would say "No soup for you!"Well, it looks like "No Marker Beacon for you!"All the best,Bryan

Guest lbb

Hi Bryan,I have been making some more flights. I'm really getting the hang of it now, without constantly referring to the excellent checklist by Pirovano.I kinda miss the marker beacon's soup though :-)Is there any particular reason why you chose this button rather than say the DME ident or the Concorde nose decrease? I don't think in 15 years of simming I've ever touched the former and I don't think I'd miss operating the famous ATR droop snoot either.Regards,Leo Bakker

Guest Skiff

Just to add my $0.02, I would like to see this changed as well. I use the marker tone to verify my altitude during the approach, and while typically I'm looking at the chart (and watching for the flashing blue "O" on the screen), an aural tone is useful...Jon

Hi Jon and Leo,When I was programming the ATR Edition and looking at ways to do joystick button integration in the simpliest manner possible I looked at all the option and and available commands, including the DME ident.There was a reason why I selected the Marker Beacon Ident command over the others. I'll have to go hunting through all my notes to see what that was.Cheers,Bryan