Sign in to follow this  
Guest Tim W

Still have a problem

Guest Tim W

BryanI still have a problem with the procedure, I get as far as the final cockpit checklist and when finished the mode doesn't change to pre-hotel on the departure brief, it goes straight to "before taxi" and from then on everything is out of sequence, When I start in hotel mode after getting permission from ground, any press of the main button gives me the first item on the before taxi checklist "Before taxi checklist - Tail Prop" repeated over and over again with each press of the button.there's another statement to do with "a little later" garbled under it but I can't hear it all. From that point on, nothing works properly and I might as well just fly without FS2Crew.I've tried this about 5 times now and it's the same every time, no pre-hotel check list. I am getting a bit fed up of having to restart the whiole thing again and again.CheersTimhttp://members.chello.nl/t.westnutt/realair.gif

Tim,Just to let you know that I've read your post.Not sure why you are having that problem though, I'm going to try and replicate teh problem when I get home. (I'm a work) Maybe Bryan will have an explanation by then.

Guest Tim W

Thanks Lars, I keep thinking I am missing something simple but for the life of me I can't see what it is.I did carry on with the flight the last time, mainly because I couldn't be bothered to restart it yet again. The only thing the co-pilot said to me the whole flight was to tell me he he was turning off the landing lights as we passed 10,000 feet. I couldn't get the FA PA panel to open either so even she wasn't talking to me, neither did she offer me any coffee. It was a very quiet and thirsty flight!CheersTimhttp://members.chello.nl/t.westnutt/realair.gif

Tim,Just a thought... are you honking the horn to call the ground crew? I don't think you'll enter pre-hotel mode until the ground crew panel comes up, which it won't do if you don't attract their attention.Cheers,

OK - mea culpa - I missed it in your previous post that you'd called them. Tim, forgive me, I think you might be misunderstanding the flow at this point. There is no checklist prior to starting in Hotel mode. Once you have permission, you simply start number 2 and because the Prop brake is already on, it's H mode by default. You do have to make the 6 calls (with the main button) as the engine spools up and lights and you have a short 5-line list of memory items to complete thereafter. Then, once number two is running, your next activity is to fasten your belt and wait for Jane to call that the cabin is ready for departure.The list on page 45 is the call-outs that you make as the engine is started. It's not a checklist, so there's no interaction with the FO.Hope that helps

Guest Tim W

AndyIf you look on page 24 of the tutorial/manual you see at the bottom of the departure brief in "mode" it says "Pre-Flight" I get that, then according to the manual you have the "final cockpit preparation checklist" (item 59) As mentioned in item 60, when you have finished the final cockpit prep checklist, the mode should change to "pre hotel", well mine doesn't, it goes straight to the mode "before taxi" and misses out the pre hotel altogether.I hope that explains it a bit better,CheersTimhttp://members.chello.nl/t.westnutt/realair.gif

OK - can you confirm that the prop brake is on after you first initiate FS2Crew and that it is still on after the Final Cockpit Prop c/l?

Sorry to appear pedantic, but to work out where it's going wrong, it's important to ensure that you are not either missing a step or making one too soon.So after number 2 is running in H mode, the next event is the FA calling that the cabin is prepped. You need do nothing until then (other than click the bottom right screw on the chornometer to fasten the belt). Once that FA dialogue is complete, you then press main to call for the before start checklist.Just ignore the Mode state for now and confirm that this is the sequence you're seeing.

Guest Tim W

Hi AndySee my post earlier, what I don't get is the pre-hotel mode on the panel in the mode section after the pre-flight mode. Before I even start the hotel mode sequence or speak to ground, the mode changes from final cockpit prep checklist in the in the mode box to pre taxi and misses out the pre hotel mode as per para 60 in the manual.I can do 61, 62, 63 and 64 but because my mode has gone straight to pre taxi, as soon as I hit the main button on hotel mode start up for the starting hotel mode call outs, I get the pre taxy start check list first item repeated over and over againIt's the hotel mode call out's ( the hitting button 6 times) Part 65, that I don't get and from then on it's out of whack.I never get as far as the pre start check list, my problems start right after starting in hotel mode (or before actually) as I have the wrong mode in the mode box.I'm sorry this is dragging on and on. I havent actually done the whole sequence again as I don't have the time. ( it takes 35 mins just to get to the point where it breaks down)CheersTimhttp://members.chello.nl/t.westnutt/realair.gif

Well, a few obvious things to check:- You've reset config settings in the ATR Config utilty and then set it up for your personal peferences plus a cold & dark start;- You creating a flight from the default startup, using the MS Cessna and you're loading the ATR from the Cessna 2D panel;- You're not changing to a saved flight at any point.Sorry if that appears a bit basic, but we need to establish a baseline for why it's not working for you. If all of the answers to those questions check out, then it's probably one for Bryan. Cheers,

Guest Tim W

I appreciate your help Andy but I assure you everything has been done by the book, so the answer to your 4 first questions are yes and the last, no. I'll give it yet another go when I get the time but unless I am missing something pretty obvious then I've got a problem.CheersTimhttp://members.chello.nl/t.westnutt/realair.gif

Hi Tim,Pls confirm this. I suspect the problem is probably procedural.1. After the FO hands you your Takeoff Data Card, set the bugs and then run the Final Cockpit Prep Checklist. Don't take too long setting the bugs.Do not try calling for the FCP checklist until the FO gives you the TO Data Card.2. After you've finished the Final Cockpit Prep Checklist, you should notice that the Mode Switches to Pre-Hotel.3. At this point you should have maybe 4 to 5 minutes left remaining on the Watch panel. Make sure go through the FCP checklist fairly quickly. Do not let your time go down to zero while your still in the FCP checklist mode.4. Press the MECH button to call the Ramp guy over.5. Start Hotel Mode as per the manual. Do not forget to make you Hotel Mode Starting callouts using the Main Button.6. When done, perform your After Hotel Start Flow as per the manual.Somewhere in there you're missing a step which is confusing FS2Crew. Also, note that you can click on the digital time readout on the Watch Panel to quickly bring the time down so you don't have to sit there for 30 minutes. Details of this ability are described in the manual.Please advise.All the best,Bryan

Guest Tim W

Hi BryanI will try as you suggest tomorrow, but the problem still seems to be that after I finish the final cockpit prep checklist I watch the mode and it switches straight past the pre hotel to the pre taxi ( I think it was)I will have another go, I just got fed up with the same thing happening every time today and never getting airborne, I took the ** P-47 for a thrash around the sky instead to vent my frustrations!CheersTimhttp://members.chello.nl/t.westnutt/realair.gif