Sign in to follow this  
YoMo

FS2Crew + Touchscreen

BryanWell done with the ATR version. I've dusted off my F1ATR and it's going to be a late night tonight!I use a couple of touchscreens, plus my main monitor, for FS. In order to make life easier (and more fun), I got into the habit of moving the PMDG pop-ups to one of the touchscreens so that I could just press the various buttons rather than mess around with a mouse. As I work my way through the ATR tutorial I'm trying to do the same thing for the new pop-ups.Now for my question. Is there a way I can force all the pop-ups to be visible when I load the ATR rather than waiting for them to show during the flows? That way I can just shift everything to the other monitor right from the start, then close them until needed. I've looked around in the panel config but can't see anything I could change to get what I want.

Hello Rob,Touchscreens... that would be interesting with flightsim.The ATR Edition of FS2Crew is quite different from the PMDG 737 Version. The Panel System is for the most part gone.At the same, what panels do appear (ie., the loadsheet, the takeoff and landing data cards) are not meant to be open all the time as they are "handed to you" so to speak by other people.The Wrist-Watch panel is a little bit different, but you would only need to have it open for a couple seconds at a time. Same thing with the FA dialogue panel.To answer your question: It's hardly recommended, but if you load the ATR directly and not load the Cessna first, then all the panel should be open at start-up. However, I'd like to point out that given the way the ATR works you don't need the FS2Crew Windows to be open a lot, so what you're suggesting isn't going to be of benefit anyway.Hope that helps,Bryan

Thanks BryanI mainly use the touchscreens for overheads and FMCs, It definitely adds to the realism. So far the pop-ups that I've wanted access to are the feedback related ones eg FA, Ground Handler etc (those with buttons rather than hot-spots). I can bring up others using their related hot-spots. It's just the ones that appear automatically that I was looking for a way to get at. That said, I may just be jumping the gun as I'm yet to get past taxying out and it sounds like pop-ups are much less prominent in this version!With the PMDG I simply step through each pop-up and move it to the other monitor. Then, as they gain focus, I interact by pressing buttons rather than clicking.Once again, top add-on. At some point I may even get in to the air!

Thanks Rob,For now I wouldn't try meddling too much with the simulation and the panels.I suggest getting really familiar with the simuation and getting to the point where you can fly the tutorial smoothly, and then take a look at customizing panels, etc.Cheers,Bryan