Sign in to follow this  
midcon385

FS2Crew Crashing...

Followed all instructions per the manual and this forum on FS2Crew installation and setup. I'm NOT using saved flight, starting in the default C172, and getting a similar problem as a few others have reported on here. Namely, after trying to load the ATR, FS reports a fatal error in regards to "fs2crewsec.gau" or "atc.dll" (happened differently for several times I've tried it, sometimes reporting the first gauge and sometimes the second .dll). Either way, I'm getting nowhere. I did run the ATR config manager (twice!) and checked that I am set for cold-and-dark. Any thoughts???TimP.S. According to installer, I have v.2.1 of the ATR and then installed FS2Crew ATR edition.

Currently trying a re-install of ATR. Will check that it appears to be functional and then re-install FS2Crew. Will update situation at that time. In the meanwhile, anyone who thinks they can help, please post your suggestions!Tim

Yes, a simple re-install of the ATR itself has completely fixed the problem, and I completed the tutorial flight just now. There are not enough words to express how amazing this addon is, and whereas before I never flew the ATR, I can imagine I'll be flying it much, much more, and certainly enjoying it much, much more. The Flight1 ATR is a solid product built to be an excellent addon, and it is. However, I've not been much for regional flying, much less regional turboprop flying. The FS2Crew ATR Edition is changing all that. While I'll be flying the Level-D 767 and freeware (until Level-D comes out with theirs) 757's for my virtual airline, I most definitely will be flying many more flights with the ATR. In fact, I can already tell that, as far as the enjoyment factor is concerned, the top two on my list are Level-D 767 ('cause I LOVE the 757/767 series!) and the Flight1 ATR. When Bryan comes out with the LDS 767 Edition for FS2Crew...I will be in absolute HEAVEN! Thanks to Bryan for his help, though thankfully it was only a quick re-install that fixed my issue. Now, I'm off to bed, but I can report yet another EXTREMELY SATISFIED user of the FS2Crew ATR Edition.Thanks, Bryan, for your wonderful piece of sim-art!!!! I would definitely nominate this for an award, 'cause it definitely deserves it. Absolutely outstanding...Tim