Sign in to follow this  
Guest VCSIGDA

Quick question about FS2crew manual

Guest VCSIGDA

Hi all,On page 49 of the ATR manual, number 85, letter x and xi, just after asking permission to start engine 2.I am trying to get past this point but have messed up twice already. I am scared to hit the main button, to call Single Channel and Low pitch. When I hit the main button I assigned, I do not hear these words at all, but I think it may just go to the next taxi checklist item, maybe I am hesitating to long before hitting the main button.-the next thing i know , I am starting engine number 1 withought asking permission to do so, I am just hitting buttons at this point in confusion.any thoughts may get me past this point,Thanks a bunch,

Hi Vince,The trick is to go slow at first.After the FO calls: "Prop Brake... Clear":1. Press "2" on the Ground Comm Dialogue panel to ask the Ramp Guy if you can start # 2.2. When you he gives you permission, click on the HYD AUX pump on the throttle quadrant and then release the prop brake on the overhead.3. Next, move CL2 from FTR to AUTO.4. Press the "Main Button" a total of two times to call "Single Channel" and "Low Pitch". Basically you you will have to press the Main button twice in a row fairly quickly as this happens fast.5. When the Prop for Engine 2 reaches 40 percent, the FO will start his flow as described in the manual.6. The FO will then challenge you on the remaining items in the checklist as described in the manual.It's a weird way of doing things, but that's the way the airline whose SOPs I modelled does it.Hope that clarifies things for you.Bryan

Guest VCSIGDA

Hi Bryan,thanks for the help, I will try and slow down and follow a little more closely as I get used to your program, this is so much fun anyway, problems or no problems.happy flying,

Guest Tim W

I had the same problem too, I hit the HYD AUX, released the propbrake and moved the CL to auto but the prop didn't turn, after I moved it back to feather and back to auto it started turning. Bit of a tricky operation that is easily messed up!Cheershttp://members.chello.nl/t.westnutt/realair.gif