Sign in to follow this  
byork

More comments!

Hello Kyle,Thanks you for the kind words :-)To answer your questions:1. Briefing during the taxi. That's the way they do at this one airline. I think it's ackward too, but I wanted to model their SOPs all the way.2. Right of localizer call. You're probably too low when intercepting the loc. The FO will only make those right/left of loc calls below a certain alt (I forget the exact figure, I'd have to look at the code, probably less than 2000 feet AFE though). So if you intercept the ILS above this alt you won't get the right/left of loc calls triggered. MS ATC can vector you pretty low which is why I don't use MS ATC.3. Sound system: As mentioned in the manual, it's not a perfect system, but it generally works; there are instances when the FO will still talk over you or himself. We're trying to model complex human interaction; this is toughter than modelling systems!4. Pausing checklists if the FO point out your mistake. That's a litte trickier to impliment... the FO just assumes you're going to do it. I'll see if I can add a larger pause.5. Pax getting sick, etc., I thought about that and I may bring them back in the future. Most of your legs will be really short though, so even if you have a sick pax you're probably still going to go to your destination.6. Flight # in the FDAU: It's possible to enter for example ABC3833 in the FMC. Seperating the "ABC" from the "3833" I don't know how to do yet. If can figure out a way to do that, I can have the FO enter the Flt # in the FDAU.7. Prop Brake: Investigating that. You can still start Hotel Mode fine the way it is. The brake is still on. 8. EMER only visible in 2D not the VC. I'm aware of this. I'll ask Hans if anything can be done about that.Cheers,Bryan

Hi Bryan, you are most welcome! :-)"Comments to your comments":1. Not possible to mention which airline? ;-)2. The initial altitude for the approach I was flying is 2200ft MSL. Apt elevation is 147ft, so it makes sense. I know of many airports with sea level to 300ft elevations and their initial altitudes are about the same or even less. Perhaps if you patch later you could lower this altitude to say 1500ft AFE to be on the safe side?4. Well just came to mind that in this case it should be ME AS THE PILOT who checks whether the item is correctly set or not before pressing the Main button... then I would have a chance to press "standby" while I correct it. What can you say to that? "Good catch!", maybe :-lol5. It would be great if some random events could be added. The ATR itself is very "boring" in the way that you know nothing is going to fail because failures are not modelled. FS2Crew could be the one adding some spice into it..6. Perhaps that's the culprit. I've always entered just a 3-digit number into the FMS, without the airline code. Next time I'll try "0106" instead of "106". Not a critical item as I've never even used it before FS2Crew..7. It's not a big thing. The funny thing is that if I don't do the button drills I mentioned, the NP gauge will show 15% rotation but from the outside view its not turning. If I do the drills, the gauge will show 0% like it should and the light is on.

Hi Kyle,You know I could add failures, but when Flight1 and ATR teamed up to create the ATR one of the stipulations was that failures not be included.I guess ATR doesn't want their plane to look bad on your home computer. So I will also respect ATR's wishes on that issue.I take it the FO hasn't reported any snags during the walkaround yet for you :-) Those are random events. Fortunately the snags are never an issue associated with the ATR Pls send email.Bryan

Whoops. A misunderstanding. I'm aware of the agreement between ATR and Flight1, I didn't mean technical failures but something similar as there was in the 737 version.I'll send email.

Guest merlin

>>Then a question to all fellow ATR drivers (not probably>related to FS2Crew): I'm having a hard time with the power>setting knob in TO. The prop NP% stays at low pitch in low>(<20% TQ) but jumps up to over 100% if the throttles are>advanced above that. In addition to creating a lot of noise it>makes taxi difficult as the plane tends to change forward, and>then retarding the TQ idle almost seems to stop it in its>tracks. Approaches are also more or less unstable because of>that. It just seems to bother me more now when FS2Crew is>making flying with ATR much more enjoyable. Any others seeing>this?I have the same problem, you can see my post in the ATR technical support forum. Is it possible that FS2Crew FO is switching the selector in more than 3 seconds from CRZ to TO?Regards,Sergio

Well, now that I've had a chance to do quite a few flights the whole package is starting to open up better! I can -almost- master the ILS landing flow without confusing the program ;-) I am still very impressed and keep making new interesting findings. I was especially delighted when the right seat guy decided to turn on the wipers by his own initiative when it started to rain! (thank FSUIPC I guess..)However, creative criticism is required too, so here's a few comments/questions for Bryan and the team (not in any particular order):1. SOP's used. I already mentioned the use of CHR function for flight duration timing in another thread, and you said you'll look into it. Cool. Just a reminder.What I was wondering is does the airline modelled REALLY do the departure briefing during taxi when the aircraft is in motion? I've always thought that having your attention anywhere else except controlling the aircraft is a big no-no. Especially when complicated departure procedures, clearances and charts are involved! Coming from a country where you can't even talk into your cellphone while driving a car I find the procedure a bit odd :-) .This question is just out of curiosity, by all means if it really is that way then OK. Perhaps you might want to consider revealing the name of this airline, I'll surely hang on to my seat during taxi next time I fly with them :-lol2. During the approach the FO often starts calling out things like "right of localizer" and so on before I'm even stabilized on it and called out "alive". It's a bit irritating, especially when you're flying a full procedure approach with possible procedure turns or flying outbound on the localizer. Can anything be done about it?3. One of the new features mentioned in the manual is the improved sound system. However I have found that many FO sound files are still played at the same time. Example: turning on the wipers and reading the checklist, or, dropping the gear and calling out "right of localizer" Is this the way it's supposed to be?4. During checklist reading sometimes a switch or knob is found in the wrong position, would it be possible to get the FO to pause reading when that happens? Example: you forget to set the radar altimeter and go to the descent checks. The captain says he forgot to do it and the FO immediatly goes to the next item. If the DH is set during the reading the captain calls out the reading "200" or what ever very much out of sequence.Then a few insignificant ones:- there is no PA for go-arounds and missed approaches like there was in the 737 version. Intentional?- have all the "random" events like late arriving baggage or a passenger getting sick inflight been removed? I have yet to see them happen..- the FO does not set the flight number on the FDAU even if it's set in the FMS- prop brake in on but unlocked upon startup (no blue light), the switch needs to be cycled and aux hyd be pressed to lock it- during the PA test the EMER light does not show up in VC, in 2D it works fine (I can't believe I even mentioned that..ok call me a nitpicker :-P )Then a question to all fellow ATR drivers (not probably related to FS2Crew): I'm having a hard time with the power setting knob in TO. The prop NP% stays at low pitch in low (<20% TQ) but jumps up to over 100% if the throttles are advanced above that. In addition to creating a lot of noise it makes taxi difficult as the plane tends to change forward, and then retarding the TQ idle almost seems to stop it in its tracks. Approaches are also more or less unstable because of that. It just seems to bother me more now when FS2Crew is making flying with ATR much more enjoyable. Any others seeing this?As an endnote, I'm sure the right seater's a great guy, I just need to get to know him better :-) One day I'll be able to take him with me for the ultimate test - an online flight where there's no room for confusion.

Hi Sergio,I saw that post on the ATR forum.Unfortunately I can't reproduce this.Pls send me an email. I'm going to need to you to run a test to see if it's associated with the SP3 or FS2Crew or something on your system.Cheers,Bryan

Sergio: You can temporarily fix this by recycling the power management switch from TO to CRZ and back yourself. NP should then stay at 82%.Bryan: I will try the suggestion you emailed me about.

Guest Tim W

Re the departure brief issue, I'd just like to point out that in my outfit, the departure brief is always conducted at the gate/stand, never during taxi. It is reviewd as part of the pre-take off c/l but only if there are any changes is it discussed again.Maybe that's just a "european" thing!BTW, I'm not referring to the ATR specifically on this but in general!Cheershttp://members.chello.nl/t.westnutt/realair.gif