Sign in to follow this  
Guest Bud

Fuel Call Out

Guest Bud

Hello BryanIn a previous thread, you asked me if I could give you an example of what I thought could be a faulty fuel call. Only had time for one flight since, but the ATR was showing 1430lbs of fuel in each tank. In response to the Fuel Quantity challenge, the Captain - now me! - responded 1300 pounds.Although this is one example, it is fairly typical of previous experience. In all honesty, in the hurly burly of learning the flow of the program, it is not something which had stood out until I read the previous poster's note.Bud

Hi Bud,1430 lbs of fuel in each take equals 2860 lbs in total.2860 lbs is 1300 kilograms.You're double sure that on the ATR Config Manager you "checked" to have the weight displayed in pounds and that you clicked "save" when you finished?Cheers,Bryan

Guest jsolson

I've seen this too. I had assumed it was just a pre recorded number like the passenger count. The number read is always slightly less than what's displayed on one of the guages.The config manager does have weight in pounds checked. The number on the guage matches the weight in pounds in the FS fuel dialog. FMC transition altitude is 18,000.You can't duplicate this? Seems like a simple one.If each guage was reading 1430 kilograms, the call in pounds would be 6305 pounds. 2,860 kilograms = 6,305 pounds. Reading "1300 pounds" when each guage says 1430 indicates the displayed weight is pounds, but he's reading the weight in kilograms (and saying pounds). Right?John

Hello Bryan,I can confirm this also. I have the ATR configurator set to display the fuel weight in pounds, which it does correctly. The transition altitude is 18000. FS2Crew gives me a number that is correct for kilograms, but the FO says that it is pounds.Bill

Guest Bud

Hello BryanYep - sure. Glad to see you can fix this. Bud

Guest Bud

Hello BryanAgain, many thanks. Can I also say that the slight change in the landing card presentation makes a whole lot of difference. RC and, I believe, the default ATC tends to order descent earlier than is computed in the FMC. I see that discretion is to be allowed in the new version of RC, but in the meantime, this change enables really does facilitate a very smooth preparation for descent. The best just got better!Bud