Sign in to follow this  
Guest bdg

Newbie on FMC - cant get tutorial to work

Guest bdg

Hi AllWell it seems there are not posts on this so I am the lonley only.I have fiddled with the FMC now forever. I have flown the ATR for many hours but never the desire to program the FMC. I am soo excited about fs2crew that I must learn. Does anyone have a step by step for the manuals tutorial or would anyone be willing to create one. I know this is alot to ask but my frustration level is at a peak. I cant get anywhere. The route stuff really has me puzzled. any help would be much appreciated. At my pace I may get the FMC programmed when FS10 arrives (-:RegardsBob:-violin

Hi Bob,Hate to say it, but the ATR FMS is one of the simplier one, hehehehe.I suggest reading the Flight1 ATR manual again, looking at the pictures in the FS2Crew tutorial. There may also be tutorials on the Flight1 ATR forum.Cheers,Bryan

Guest bdg

GeezI'm usually pretty good at handling the hehehe's, but now knowing this is an easier FMC, I really feel stupid. I thought I downloaded a flight plan tutorial at one point which the author had put alot of emphasis on the FMC but I cant locate now. Ok thanks, I will keep plugging away.Regards

Guest Nexlamar

Hi Bob,Bryan is right, the ATR FMC is really simple, e.g. it has no vertical navigation ... try the one of the old Dreamfleet 737 oder even the PMDG 737 - you better get the real manual ;)However using the FMC is really fun, so I will give you a short tutorial in setting it up for the tutorial (that means you have a caluculated TOD (Top of Descend) and no Discos.First of all open the FMC and look at the switches left and right of the display (Line Selectors). There are six of them on each side. The first button on the left is called LSL1 (Line Selector Left 1), the second LSL2 and so on. The same on the right side (LSR1...). There are also buttons on top and on the bottom of the display which "have names".Please make sure, you hit the right button when setting up the FMC.When you are powered up and open the FMC, you see the IDENT PAGE.- Klick on top-button RTE to open the RTE 1 page.- Now Type in RKPC with the keypad (your departure airport) and select LSL1- Type in RKPK (your destination) and select LSR1- Type in 06 and select LSL2 (your DEP RWY)- Now "ACTIVATE" appears on LSR6 - select it- A green light is going on - push the EXEC button- PERF INIT appears on LSR6 - select it to move to the PERF INIT Page- To set it up klick LSL1, LSL3, type in 2.0 and select LSL4, type in 14000 and select LSL5, type in 160 and select LSR1A green light comes up - push the EXEC buttonNow klick on the top DEP/ARR button- Select LSL1- on the next page select LSL2 (for your SID)- and then LSL2 again for your transitionA green light comes up - push the EXEC buttonNow klick on the top DEP/ARR button- Select LSR2- on the next page select LSR3 (for your RWY)A green light comes up - push the EXEC buttonNow klick on the top LEGS buttonLook on the Display, you see D066C - MAKET - and THEN - ROUTE DISCONTINUITY- This is called a Disco. Here the FMC does not know how it should continue the route - you have to help.To finish the route - type in GOSBO and klick LSL3- type in TOPAX and klick LSL4- type in KMH and klick LSL5- type in 5100 and klick LSR5 (This is important, because the FMC calculates the TOD for this point)- Klick on bottom NEXT button- Klick on LSL2 (CI36L appears in the last line, by the way this line is called the scratchpad)- Klick on LSL1Now the Disco has disappeared - klick the EXEC button.Well done. Now you have to observe the second VNA-Page (TOD in purple) during flight, just klick the bottom VNAV button and the NEXT button. There should be the correct numbers 123.3.Since I made this from EDDS Stuttgart Apron in Germany to write the tutorial, I have 4960.7 NM to TOD - this means a lot of time for drinking coffee ;)Hope that helps,Gr

Guest bdg

Have you ever seen a grown man cry? Wow, thanks my friend. I will give it shot. I bet you could do this in your sleep. You make it look so simple. I have literally spent 3 hours trying to plug this stuff in. So nice of you to take the time just for me. Without guys like you, many, Im sure would give up.Thanks againRegardsBob

Guest byoung

Hey Markus,Simple, maybe if you progammed several types previously. Personally, I would just assume use a good flight planner and just import flight plan with STARS and SIDS. I know this is not very realistic, but this has been a snag for me to get up and going with FS2CREW ATR.I have followed your instructions exactly. But I still get one Discontinuity (See uploaded image). I hope Bryan will incorporate your instructions (when the Disco gets resolved) into the manual, since you are basically dead in the water unless you get the FMC programmed correctly.I must say that there needs to be more examples and I really feel Flight One should incorporate even more of a cookbook approach. I found their tutorials / instructions to be confusing and kind of bouncing all over the place. Others did as well.Barryhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/136693.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/136694.jpg

Hi Barry,You will usually get an automatic discontinuity between the en-route and the approach segment when you initially program the FMS. That's normal.To clear the discontinuity, click on the button (the little arrow pointing to the right) located directly to the left of CI36L.You will then see a copy of CI36L in the scratchpad right below Erase.Next, click LSK1 (Left Line Select #1)... that's the button to the left of the empty box.That will move CI36L into the empty box, clearing the discontinuity.Cheers,Bryan

Guest byoung

By George, I think I have got it.Makes Sense now. So I just had to delete the Discontinuity.Thanks again Bryan! You da' Man!Barry

Guest byoung

Markus,The instructions for clearing the last Discontinuity were actually there, maybe it should say, to remove the Disco do the following.Maybe just me!Thanks again for the great instructions!Barry