Sign in to follow this  
Guest Fr33gLiDE

Great product! Few suggestions...

Guest Fr33gLiDE

Dear fs2crew,I really enjoy fs2crew ATR edition. I think this add on is great. I did three flights so far, including the tutorial. I went through the manual and I found that it is not that hard to use. I have a few suggestion though.- If I press the main button by accident, I can't go back. It would be great to be able to go back or undo stuff.- I often get CTD, especially once I turn the battery on. I always load from Cessna 172 2D view. Please, don't tell me to make a fresh install since I did already.- It would be great to have a configurator that would allow us to enable or disable fs2crew (aside from the startup button). There is no way to shutdown fs2crew after is it started up. Why? Also the configurator would be nice to select procedures. For example: having the choice to taxi on one or two engines. This would be a great added value.- We definitely a shorter manual. Something similar to a recipe.Finally, there is a little thing I dislike about fs2crew. I have to follow a specific workflow: the one that the company X is following. Being a software engineer, I know the complexity of modeling procedures and stuff. However, a configurator with some options would be appreciated!Thanks,Jonathan

Hi Jonathan,I'm happy to hear you're enjoying FS2Crew ATR. Comments like that make doing this worthwhile :-)I'll see what I can do about undoing stuff and going backwards. That can get very tricky though! FS2Crew is already very complex with everything intertwined backwards and forwards. For the CTD: If you're following the directions and following the FAQs thread in the forum, I don't know what more I can say. I had one user who had a crashes and it turned out to be a corrupt cloud texture of all things not associated with FS2Crew. Send me an email though. Perhaps we can identify what's causing it on your system. I need something I can reproduce, though.Configurator: The whole point of FS2Crew is to model one airline's SOPs and go for "As Real As it Gets". However, I could add an option to shut it down mid-flight; that would be easy. For a two engine taxi: That's possible to do right now, just wait till you're parked before you ask the FO to feather No 1. The FO will still want you to wait 1 minute to cool the engines down though before shutting down #1.Shorter Manual: There are a couple addon files available on the Downloads Page than wrap everything up into a much shorter space. I could cut the manual down, but then I'd have to spend half my day answering questions about things that should have been in the manual. FS2Crew is a complex product; big manuals are just a part of that.All the best,Bryan

>>Configurator: The whole point of FS2Crew is to model one>airline's SOPs and go for "As Real As it Gets". However, I>could add an option to shut it down mid-flight; that would be>easy. For a two engine taxi: That's possible to do right now,>just wait till you're parked before you ask the FO to feather>No 1. The FO will still want you to wait 1 minute to cool the>engines down though before shutting down #1.>What I do is taxi on two engines until I'm almost at the gate. Preferably if there are no sharp right turns before stopping because I find those impossible to make on right engine only. Perhaps my hardware is limiting somehow? Anyway, it does not matter. The FO will silently read his After Takeoff List only after feathering nbr 1 but thats ok as he already performed the actual items during his memory flow.

Hi,That's what I sometimes do.I time it so that I ask the FO to peform that After Landing Checklist and Feather No 1 when I'm about one minute away from the stand.Then, when the FO calls "one minute" I should be just hitting the stand, and then I can ask the FO to shut down number 1.It's a little bit easier to taxi the plane with the prop feathered versus having the engine shut down all the way.Cheers,Bryan

Yep. Also, if some of you extremely cost effective Line pilots :-) want to taxi on one engine all the way from the runway, you can always switch the gust lock off so you have more engine power from nbr 2 when required. The ATR's "software gust lock" just starts surging annoyingly if you try to push the throttles past it when it's on.

Guest Fr33gLiDE

Hi Bryan,Thank you for your answers and great support! I checked the shorter manual and this is definitely what I need! Regarding the CTD I experienced, I notice that it occurs more often when I activate Active Sky. I am willing to try different combinations and I'll get back to you if I find a recipe to reproduce the problem.Thanks again, I'm looking forward for the undo and the shutdown feature...Regards,Jonathan

Thanks Jonathan,I appreciate that.The shutdown feature is easy to do, but frankly if you want to stop using FS2Crew half way through a flight just stop using the Main Button to move forward.Don't hold your breathe on undo, though, that would require huge changes!EDIT: for the CTD: check your cloud textures. If it's random and appears to be associated with Active Sky, you could have a corrupt cloud texture. We have a lot of users (including Beta testers) running Active Sky without any issues.Pls email me regardless.Thanks,Bryan