Sign in to follow this  
Guest byoung

FMS Programming Help FS2CREW Tutorial

Guest byoung

Hello,I guess I am FMS challenged, coming from loading the flight plan in via the FS2004 planner (recreational flying), and not worrying about the other FMS specific data requirements. I can put in the legs 1/2, the only issue being DO66c indicating it is 4696 miles away. Usually you are prompted to select if more than one waypoint appears. See attached screen imageI am having a problem with page 2 in that where A586 is supposed to be, it says DIRECT, and I can't change it.I have tried the Flight 1 tutorial and it kind of jumps around.What am I doing wrong? And is there a better turorial than the Flight 1?Sorry to be a dunce, but I am pretty new to FMS because of the autoload of a FS2004 flight plan.FS2CREW Rocks if I can get past this hurdle!Barry

Hi Barry,First the obvious: Download the latest navdata set for the ATR from www.navdata.atThat might explain why you can't enter A586.Second, where is D066c coming from? I've never seen that before.Perhaps I'll make a video soon showing how to set up the FMC.Cheers,Bryan

Guest Nexlamar

Hi Barry,Using the FMC is really fun, so I will give you a short tutorial in setting it up for the tutorial-flight (that means you have a caluculated TOD (Top of Descend) and no Discos.First of all open the FMC and look at the switches left and right of the display (Line Selectors). There are six of them on each side. The first button on the left is called LSL1 (Line Selector Left 1), the second LSL2 and so on. The same on the right side (LSR1...). There are also buttons on top and on the bottom of the display which "have names".Please make sure, you hit the right button when setting up the FMC.When you are powered up and open the FMC, you see the IDENT PAGE.- Klick on top-button RTE to open the RTE 1 page.- Now Type in RKPC with the keypad (your departure airport) and select LSL1- Type in RKPK (your destination) and select LSR1- Type in 06 and select LSL2 (your DEP RWY)- Now "ACTIVATE" appears on LSR6 - select it- A green light is going on - push the EXEC button- PERF INIT appears on LSR6 - select it to move to the PERF INIT Page- To set it up klick LSL1, LSL3, type in 2.0 and select LSL4, type in 14000 and select LSL5, type in 160 and select LSR1A green light comes up - push the EXEC buttonNow klick on the top DEP/ARR button- Select LSL1- on the next page select LSL2 (for your SID)- and then LSL2 again for your transitionA green light comes up - push the EXEC buttonNow klick on the top DEP/ARR button- Select LSR2- on the next page select LSR3 (for your RWY)A green light comes up - push the EXEC buttonNow klick on the top LEGS buttonLook on the Display, you see D066C - MAKET - and THEN - ROUTE DISCONTINUITY-This is called a Disco. Here the FMC does not know how it should continue the route - you have to help.To finish the route- type in GOSBO and klick LSL3- type in TOPAX and klick LSL4- type in KMH and klick LSL5- type in 5100 and klick LSR5 (This is important, because the FMC calculates the TOD for this point)- Klick on bottom NEXT button- Klick on LSL2 (CI36L appears in the last line, by the way this line is called the scratchpad)- Klick on LSL1Now the Disco has disappeared - klick the EXEC button.Well done.Now you have to observe the second VNA-Page (TOD in purple) during flight, just klick the bottom VNAV button and the NEXT button. There should be the correct numbers 123.3.Since I made this from EDDS Stuttgart Apron in Germany to write the tutorial, I have 4960.7 NM to TOD - this means a lot of time for drinking coffeeHope that helps,Gr

Guest byoung

Markus,Thanks so much! I'll give it a try and let you know how it goes.Thanks to you as well Bryan!Barry

Guest byoung

Markus, Still getting a Disco. See Jpegs uploaded.'Please HELP!Thanks!Barry

Hi Barry,First, some of the fonts in your FMC are not showing correctly.This out this FAQ from the Flight1 website on how to fix it:http://atr.flight1.net/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=78&PN=1For the Discontinuity and with respect to picture 2, click LSK2 (make sure you've cleared any existing FMC messages first though) then click LSK1.That should move whatever you have in line 2 on the left into line 1, clearing the discontinuity.Cheers,Bryan

Guest jayson2830

Marcus I tried your procedure for programing the fmc and I still dont get a tod. My fmc pages look just like the ones in the tutorial flight. One question when I put Gosbo and Topax in the disco I get two choices for each and I dont know if I am selecting the correct ones. I think the choices were vor and intersecton.

Guest Nexlamar

Hi Rich,Gosbo and Topax are intersections. Please make sure that you hiz the right line selectors. To get a TOD you also have to fill out the IDENT PAGE correctly.Just post when it still does not work!Ciao,Markus

Guest jayson2830

Marcus I just tried again and still no tod. I dont get the ACT RTE 1Page 2 like it shows in the tutorial. I get the ACT RTE 1 PAGE 1 Just as it is in the tutorial.

Guest Nexlamar

Ok, maybe you can post some screens so that I maybe can see the different pages?Ciao,Markus