Sign in to follow this  
byork

Cant Load ATR

I had the same problem. I fixed it by uninstalling FS2Crew then the FLight 1 ATR. I reinstalled in reverse order, ran the ATR config utility and it works fine now !RegardsGraham

Guest ZOTAN

Ive just installed Fs2Crew and can no longer load the ATR. During the loading process, FS always crashes to my desktop. Ive tried everything I can think of. I have loaded from the default cessna, and from the startup screen. Ive tried different airports also and nothing works. What could be wrong? All my othet planes work fine...

FWIW, I got the same after installing the Dreamfleet Beech 58(?) and the Eaglesoft Cirrus. Don

/Tord Hoppe, Sweden

If you installed other products *after* installing FS2Crew ATR and the ATR all of a sudden crashes (whereas before it didn't), it means that the programs you recently installed probably overwrote the updated Gaugesound.dll that FS2Crew ATR needs with an older version.The easiest solution is to simply re-install FS2Crew ATR, or you can go into the FS9/FS2Crew/ATR folder, where you will find a copy of the updated gaugesound.dll that FS2Crew uses.Copy that gaugesound.dll to your System32 folder and your root FS9 folder.Hope that helps,I will add this to the FAQs.Bryan

Cheers Bryan. I took a look at the files installed and at least the Cirrus did indeed install a GaugeSound.dll.I did just what you suggested and FS2C works fine again (phew) :)

/Tord Hoppe, Sweden

>I had the same problem. I fixed it by uninstalling FS2Crew>then the FLight 1 ATR. I reinstalled in reverse order, ran the>ATR config utility and it works fine now !>>Regards>GrahamI'm having the same problem with the crash to desktop. When you say re-instrall them in reverse order, you don;t mean install FS2Crew before the ATR do you? That doesn't seem like it would work to well since FS2crew has to make modifications to the ATR panel...Bill

Hi Bill,To clarify, make sure FS2Crew is the last thing you install. You're right about the panel.cfgs.Also look at the FAQs thread.See the thread on the gaugesound.dll in particular.FS2Crew uses a new version of it. Other addons will often overwrite it with an older version, which will make FS9 crash when you try to load it.Cheers,Bryan