Sign in to follow this  
Guest Bud

FS2Crew and Radar Contact

Guest Bud

Hello BryanI currently use Radar Contact as my ATC of choice - like FS2C, I think it adds a further level of realism. The two add-ons work fine together except in one particular - the descent. RC tends to order descent very early. Often the first request is discretionary and can be noted and ignored. However there then comes an instruction to descend immediately. Failure to comply usually results in a good butt-kicking at the end of the flight.The problem is the order is always around thiry four or five miles before the FMC computed TOD and, therefore some four or five miles before the landing card is handed over.I know you have already put back the card handover from 20 to 30 miles - just wondering if there is any chance of putting it back further to, say, 40 miles.Best wishes, health and happiness for the new year.Bud

Hello Bud,Try clicking the hidden clickspot located on the chronographer that can re-open the Takeoff/Landing card.If memory serves correct, you can actually open the Landing Card prior to the FO actually handing it to you.Perhaps that will be of some use.Cheers,Bryan

Yes it is true I was going to tell you that Bryan.Indeed Rc ask you to start descent very soon...And it would be nice to have the landing data card at 40nm of TOD;)

Guest Bud

Hello BryanMany thanks - give that a tryBud

Guest Bud

Hello BryanHad a go at your suggestion. Didn't work for me unfortunately. Checking the manual, it seems that this would only work if the landing card had already been handed over. Actually it would be a good idea if we could bring up the card by using that click spot without any tie to a distance from TOD at all - any chance this could be included in the next update I see you're planning? Failing that 40 miles from TOD would be great.Best wishesBud

Hi Bud,Did you actually try it though? I seem to recall it working for me in spite of what my own manual says.Changing it to 40 miles is easily do-able, the problem comes if you're on a short flight and you reach cruise and the TOD is less than 40 miles away after you reach the cruise alt. Then the Ldg Data card will open too soon.Bryan

Guest Bud

Hello BryanYep - actually did try it a couple of times. I clicked the top left 'screw' - I assume that's what you meant.I can see the problem re short flights - one of my regulars was a very short hop. I've stopped using it for this reason.Perhaps the answer is a click spot which brings up the card at an appropriate time on request as it were.Bud

Guest skyhog

This may help the TOD situation. Depending on your altitude, youcan request RC for lower altitude before getting to TOD and thatshould delay ATC to order your decent pont. Just a guess but I thinkthe early decent issue was brought up on RC forum. Cheers and Happy New Year eceryone.