Sign in to follow this  
Guest Binncott

Library Categories.

Guest Binncott

Maybe it's just my own personal bug, but can I highlight what I see as an error (okay it's a small error, but still)I'm talking about the increasing placement of files in the "ORIGINAL AIRCRAFT" category.Now, in my mind, this category should be retained for new models, and all others being placed in the, textures and modifications section.I would invite the library staff to have a look at todays files. According to the manner in which the files have been allocated there have 24 (yes twenty four) new Boeing 747 models released by Project Opensky.Not only is this (imho) bad practice, it will no doubt be confusing to those less experienced in using the library.BC

To the Avsim Library Managers,There are 9 different variations of the POSKY 747-100/200:B747-100 w/JT9DB747-100 w/JT9D3 (Eng with blow-in Doors) B747-100B w/JT9D (-100 without the small hump aft of the Upper Deck)B747-200 w/JT9DB747-200 w/CF6-50B747-200 w/RB211B747-200 w/JT9D & -400 style fairingB747-200 w/CF6-50 & -400 style fairingB747-200 w/RB211 & -400 style fairingIt is to my understanding that Original Aircraft means that the upload includes everything the user needs to get up and running. It includes the model, manuals, textures, etc. Aircraft repaints and textures would just include textures. Sure, I could upload textures only and include a COMPLICATED set of instructions for the user to mix and match models.BTW - Are you the same individual who sent the e-mail when I released the Next gens some time ago?

Cool788.png
Corey Ford
QualityWings Simulations
Development Team

OK. Then in that case, sorry for you might be a slight inconvenience. But, the alternative is a nightmare from our perspective.And to keep things in persepctive....it's not like it happens everyday ;)

Cool788.png
Corey Ford
QualityWings Simulations
Development Team

Guest Binncott

Many thanks for the replies.As I said in my original it's only a slight thing, and if you guys get confused, there aint much chance for us. (lol)ATBBC