Sign in to follow this  

Touchdown sounds slowng down the game.

During touchdown and as the airplne rolls on the ground(taxiing) I am getting a very scrachy sound and also the game starts to stutter. It happens with all the airplanes and it goes away when I turne off the sound(Q key). It never happens with any other sound. I tried reinstalling the game amd still happened. I believe the problem is sound card related. I have an Acoustic Edge 5.1 with the latest drivers. Any help would be really appreciated. Thx in advance.

Guest JonP01

It's not related to your soundcard. It is an ongoing problem I have noticed with all graphics hardware-accelerated MS flight sim releases, at least all the ones I have bought. I have seen this happen acrosss 4 chipset platforms, 4 types of CPU, 3 types of soundcard and 3 different raphics cards. It seems to relate to the frame rate. The faster you have the frame rate target set, and the faster the frame rate, the more likely it is to happen. This problem occurs without fail on any system I have tried whenever the frame rate at the time of the problem is equal to the monitor refresh rate, or otherwise exceeds the monitor refresh rate (if you happen to have vsync turned off). The problem tends to be most obvious to people who have faster systems but set the in game options so as to achieve very high frame rates. Two things I have found that resolve the problem are to reduce the target frame rate or the change the AGP aperture in the BIOS to 4Mb. Neither solution is very satisfactory to me. Considering users other than myself have noticed this problem since CFS2, it would be nice if MS fixed it for FS9. It was interesting that not many people noticed the problem in CFS2 until about a year after it's release, when hardware had advanced and so had the frame rate. Most FS2002 users don't notice the problem because their frame rates do not go very high in the scheme of things. If people were to reduce the settings to bare minimum (as an example), and then set the target frame rate to unlimited with vsync on, the problem would become a lot more noticeable.

But the thing is that the problem goes away when I try running the game using an old sound blaster live sound card. That is why I believe it to be a sound card problem(Acoustic Edge in my case).

BUMP----------------------------------------------------------------------The only thing that beats Aviation is Formula One Racing. I would give all my certificates and ratings away for a ride in one of those cars.----------------------------------------------------------------------