Sign in to follow this  
Guest fredo_g

Rotation after the given speeds

Guest fredo_g

Hi Bryan,Just seeking for help. I've post this issue on the ATR Forum but did not get a positive answer or help. If you could please help me on this if you can of course. Well what I've notice is when the CA call for Rotate that is at vr, I pull back the joystick fully backward, but the aircraft will not rotate until the speed reaches V2+5 or V2+10. That's not normal, it should rotate easily at VR.Here is the weight of my aircraft before taxi.Total Zero Weight: 16952 kgsMax Allowable TO Weight: 22000 kgsMax Allowable Fuel Weight: 5048kgsTotal Fuel at Taxi: 2468 kgsI don't think that I'm exceeeding MTOW here.Please can you help me on that?

Guest fredo_g

Hi Bryan,Yes I know it's not an fs2crew issue. And yes I used 1.2 as well. What I want is just to understand why on my side it is taking off just after V2? As on the ATR Forum they said that there is nothing bad with the FDE and that I'm probably exceeding MTOW, but I don't think so!!!!

>Here is the weight of my aircraft before taxi.>Total Zero Weight: 16952 kgs>Max Allowable TO Weight: 22000 kgs>Max Allowable Fuel Weight: 5048kgs>Total Fuel at Taxi: 2468 kgs>I don't think that I'm exceeeding MTOW here.What about passengers? If your ZFW is 16952kg + fuel 2486kg = 19438kg it leaves room for approximately 22000-19438kg / 75kg = 34 pax which isnt much.The co-pilot calculations for the takeoff card should compensate for that as "he" gets the correct info from the FMS .. ? Bryan?

Hi Kyle,For the speeds used on the takeoff card and landing cards, I read the weight -and only the weight- directly out of the FMS, and reference it with the speed book below to obtain the speeds.http://www.geocities.com/hauptchr01/AT72-500_speed_chart.pdfThis is Christian's speed booklet that he made public.Cheers,Bryan

That would be the gross weight = TOW then, which means my post was actually redundant. Being the perfectionist that I am, just happened to notice that the original poster didn't include pax in the calculation. Happens to me all the time when I use FSBuild :-)But, the original problem still exists I guess. It's likely that it has something to do with controller qualities and sensitivity settings. No two controllers are alike when it comes to settings. Try a smaller null zone and increase sensitivity.

Guest Amati2

I may well be wrong here but as I understand it VR is the point at which the rotation begins ie the pulling back on the stick. With the rate of rotation usually 3 deg per sec (?) by the time the required AoA has been achieved the aircraft will have surpassed VR due to its continual acceleration and be well on the way to V2 + whatever. That's when you adjust the pitch to maintain V2 + 5 or 10 etc .As I said I could be wrong, I only fly little Warriors and they do get airborn pretty quickly at VR, but then the weights are slightly different !JP

I was having the same problem, but I found a solution. I used to use the ATR Config Manager to set a random loadout before every flight, and I noticed that it put alot more weight in the front baggage area than the rear. This may be how the real plane is loaded, but looking at the "Aircraft Fuel & Payload" settings in FS9, I noticed that the CG meter was out of the safe range (too far forward). I manually moved some passangers to the back and moved some baggage from the front to the back until the CG marker was within the safe range. Takeoffs are now much easier, at Vr with trim at 1.2 units just ease the stick back and she smoothly roatates off the runway.Hope this helps ...........Gary

Gary M.

| PPL ASEL |

System Specs: W11 Pro, Corsair 4000X Mid Tower, Z790 Aorus Master Motherboard, i9-13900KF, 64 GB DDR5 SRAM, RTX 4090, Dell AW3821DW Monitor, Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, MFG Crosswind Pedals,TrackIR

Guest fredo_g

Alright Men,Thanks to Alexander from Flight One. I have found where was the problem. I have Completely forgot to set the sensitivity of my joystick as required by flight one. Now it works as it should. Quote from Jet1:"just happened to notice that the original poster didn't include pax in the calculation"Well just for your information,Dry Operating Weight: 13500 kgsPassenger and Crew Weight: 2832 kgsForward Cargo Weight: 375 kgsAft Cargo Weight: 245 kgsTotal Zero Fuel Weight: 13500 + 2832 + 375 + 245 = 16952 kgsSo what I mean is that no need for me to include pax in my calculation as it forms part of the Zero Fuel Weight!!!If I already have the final ZFW, no need for me to include the pax in the calculation.