Sign in to follow this  
N562Z

P-factor in Jets?

It seems I'm getting torque issues when (takeoff and landing)flying jets. I thought someone had posted a fix about this but I've searched "yaw" "swinging left" , etc and can't find it. Anyone know what this was? I think it was adding a line to the .cfg file.

If you're downloading real-world weather, a small crosswind component will cause the aircraft to turn towards the wind. To me, it's excessive.AllynRetired Atlanta Center ControllerATP-LRJETCFI_II_MEL

No, this has only to do with applying thrust at takeoff, regardless of any winds. Dosen't matter what aircraft I'm flying, I have to feed in more and more right stick (I don't have rudder pedals)until I takeoff. Just like flying a single in real world. It's quite comical really but annoying nonetheless. Same thing happens on landing, I have to feed in stick to keep it straight regardless of any winds, until I get down to taxi speed. No idea what that's supposed to simulate. I've done all the calibration routines, etc. Someone posteda fix about this and I remember it was adding a line in the config file but can't remember what that was.

Try this web-site. I've used a lotta these tips & tricks and they seem to work for me:http://www.fsgateway.com/tips_new.asptip: Stopping your aircraft veering to the left --------------------------------------------------------------------------------For all of you that have experienced the problem of your planes turning in left hand circles and are tired of people who have not experienced it telling you it's torque when you know it isn't, this is for you.(I've been flying and simming for a great many years and I know what is torque and what is not), here is how I fixed it. (I've had this problem off and on since FS95 and was never quite sure what I did that would finally fix it.)Disable your joystick. Use the arrow keys and hit the 5 key to center the stick. Save the flight as your default. Exit FS. Restart FS and confirm that using the keyboard that the problem is gone, then re-enable your joystick. Somehow the settings will get stuck for the joystick and it will not re-center. By using the keys you can make the problem go away and when you restart it will be gone. Reactivating the joystick will then put you back in business with the joystick centered. Good luck. I know how frustrating this is and trying to get help only brings you suggestions of torque. IT IS NOT TORQUE that causes this frustrating problem that many of you have experienced, and evidently many have not. Hope this helps,Tom

i913900KF (5.8GHz) | Case: Fractal PopAir RGB I MSI Z790-VC | MSI Gaming RTX 4070Ti Super 16GB | Kingston Fury Beast 32GB DDR5 | SOLIDIGM P41 Plus 2TB NVMe M.2 SSD | Samsung SSD 870 EVO 2TB | Thermalright Frozen Notte 240 MM Liquid Cooling | Samsung 41" Monitor 1920 x 1080 60Hz | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | Logitech G Pro pedals | Tobii EyeTracker

Thanks, but I know of this. I too have been simming since the wire-frame days. This has nothing to do with controllers, but just to make sure I disabled the joystick, made sure everything is centered, and tried it again. Lined up, hit the gas (default 737) and it'll go off the left side in about 200-300 feet. If I pull the power the left yaw stops. All without touching anything.

I didn't think I had a problem before, so I went with a re-test.Default 737-400 KSLC Runway 16RLined up with runway by default ----- jet made a slight drift to the right which could have been corrected with a quick kick to the rudder. Ended several hundred feet to the "right".Test 2 & 3 -- Jet tracked nearly straight (no more than 5' off centerline with no rudder imputs well past rotation speed.I'm concluding, it's not a built in problem. This came up in different discussions after the release of FS2002. I know it's a problem for some, but not others. L.Adamson

I have this problem too. I have checked everything with my Precision MS joystick and mainly with light planes the takeoff is normally so hard. It

Guest Stamatis

A wild shot: During your takeoff roll check the N1 for both engines and make sure that they both run at exactly the same rpm.Stamatis

I have to agree with Stamatis on this topic. Consult your pilots' handbook for the correct way to apply thrust at takeoff. For many jets, you have to apply subtle power until N1 is about 30% to ensure they spool up in synchrony, then apply take-off power once you've spooled to 30%. Merely jamming the throttles full-foward can result in asymmetric thrust and the kind of runway behavior you're experiencing. I know for a fact this was written about in the FS 2002 777 manual.Hope This helps,http://mostrealisticai.projectai.com/images/northwest.gifAlex ChristoffN562ZMinneapolis, MNThermobulb@aol.com

PowerSpec G426 PC running Windows 11 Pro 64-bit OS, Intel Core i7-6700K processor @3.5GHz, ASUS GeForce RTX 4070 12GB Dual Graphics Card, ASUS TUF Z590-Plus Gaming motherboard, Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD, Samsung 750 EVO 500GB SSD, Acer Predator X34 34" curved monitor (external view), RealSim Gear G-1000 avionics hardware, Slavix, Stay Level Custom Metal Panel, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Redbird Alloy THI, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals.