Sign in to follow this  
Guest washburn_it

Information for an ATR home cockpit builder

Guest washburn_it

Hi,I'm going to build a home cockpit based on the wonderful ATR72-500 by Flight1, implementing the electronic interface using IOCard from OpenCockpits.During my "experimentation" with lights switches I verified that if I turn on for instance the landing lights switches (through the $0D0C offset of FSUIPC) the light turns on for less than a second and then switch back to the previous state ("on" if it was "on" before I switched or "off" if it was "off").I tried to replace the panel with the one of Sanchez-Castaner (freeware) and the problem didn't present.Then I think it's due to the complex gauges of the original panel.Searching over the Flight1 forum I found a similar request with a reply (Hans Hartmann) that reported a possible access to overhead switches, throttle levers etc through FS2Crew.So my question is:is there a way to access and "drive" all the switches and commands from an external program passing through FS2Crew? Is a kind of FS2Crew SDK available for developers who want like me to implement a home cockpit? or just a DLL to access and read/write FS2Crew variables?Thank you, regards.Bob

Hello Bob,There is no FS2Crew SDK I'm afraid for home cockpit builders, nor plans to do one. It's a neat idea, though!Hans has mentioned in the ATR forum that in the future he may be assigning keypresses to the ATR's switches, so there is hope for the home cockpit builders.Cheers,Bryan

Guest washburn_it

Well..it's a pity !Thanks for the answer anyway.While waiting for "keypresses" I will try to model the cockpit as well, disabling the original panel being aware of loosing all the "goodies" brought by the original gauges.Regards,Bob