Sign in to follow this  
Qatsimo

ready for app chck

Hello Gerrit,For the FO to remind you about the Approach Checklist, you need to be lower than "runway elevation" plus 3500 feet and you must still be in "Approach" mode. Basically, you need to be in "Landing" mode as displayed on the Approach Brief Page for this call *not* to trigger, so make sure you've completed the approach checklist in full prior to descending through runway elevation plus 3500 feet.Runway elevation is the key consideration.Cheers,Bryan

Guest lbb

Hallo Gerrit,I had the same problem and some more, all caused by the fact that quite frequently the mode doesn't transition to the next phase, even though I do everything by the book.By chance I found out that if this happens I have to push the main button once or twice extra to get the mode to transition. So after completion of the approach checklist, open the brief panel and if the mode is still stuck in Approach, push the main button once or twice, until it changes to Landing.Since this problem seems to happen only in Holland :-) so far Bryan has been unable to reproduce it, but this is a good work around for me. Also, I start the approach c/l as soon as the FO tells the cabin is ready, to make sure I finish before 3,500 ft.Leo BakkerP.S. Just out of curiosity, I mostly fly out of Rotterdam which, at 15ft below sealevel, gives some problems with the captain's altimeter read outs. Have you come across that same problem?

Hello Leo,Good suggestion about doing the App Checklist right after the FA says the cabin is ready; that's what I do too.Regarding the fact that you're saying that you need push the Main button an extra time during the Approach Checklist, I want to confirm that you're pressing the Secondary button to call "check" when the FO reads out the altitude for the alt cross-check.I've never had to push the Main Button an extra time to get the transition to Landing Mode.Regarding the below sea level scenerio, FS2Crew reads elevations right out of the FMC. I don't think the ATR FMC makes allowance for below sea level airports. It just assigns them 0 feet even though they may be -14.Cheers,Bryan

Guest lbb

Hi Bryan,Yes, I am absolutely positive that I press the secondary button for the alt cross-check. And as stated in the previous thread about this, I quite frequently have to press once or twice extra at about any transition to the next mode, only most of the time it doesn't matter since the next mode starts with a button press anyway, so I just keep pressing until the relevant checklist starts. As you pointed out in that thread, few other people seem to suffer from this and my work around works for me, so I left it at that. However, it is my belief that Gerrit might have the same problem, that's why I suggested my work around, to see if perhaps I have found a companion :-)About the elevation, I was under the impression that during the FCP c/l the CPT reads back from the altimeter, since at Rotterdam quite often he says "elevation feet", with no number, so I assumed he couldn't deal with the minus. During the descent c/l into Rotterdam the landing elevation is left out altogether so I thought this might have something to do with that as well, although about the latter I just realized that the FMC gives ----- as elevation so that might cause the problem during descent? I wonder where this ----- comes from? I mean, what would happen if I set EHRD to 0 ft elevation in AFCAD, would that change it?Regards,Leo Bakker

Hi Leo,Can you please do a flight outside the Netherlands and see if you can reproduce the Approach checklist requiring an extra press to make it to Landing Mode.As I say I can't reproduce this and I want to know confirm that it is somehow connected to the Netherlands.The ----- in the FMC comes from the fact that the FMC cannot handle negative alts for the runway elevation.This is why during the Descent the ldg elevation is left out.Sorry, it's the price you pay for living below sea level I guess!Bryan

Guest lbb

Hi Bryan,In a previous thread you explained the hidden click spot on the Brief panel to show what happens when you click, so I decided to use that.As I told you, it's not just the Approach c/l, I regularly need one or two extra pushes. And indeed, this started right after the Taxi c/l. It stayed at +60 until the FA called cabin ready, then it turned to -10 Taxi. So even at this stage I need an extra push to get +0 Before Take-off (or Take-off, I don't remember, but you understand what I mean). This -10 keeps showing up here and there. (This is also why the FA wouldn't show up during descent, the mode was still at -10 Descent, rather than +0 Descending*). At one point during the through flight it turned to -20 and then that showed up at a number of places.Now, just a theory: sometimes during a c/l a single push doesn't do anything (no call, no +10 added), so I just push again. Is it possible that somehow when counting down back to +0 this extra push is "wound back" so to say and makes the counter go below zero? (I use the left rudder trim button on my CH yoke and a button not working at the first push happens with just about all buttons, same with gear and flaps in the pre-FS2Crew era, which I attribute to less than perfect contacts).BTW, this is not restricted to Holland, I had this problem in Luxembourg, the Canaries and during the tutorial flights. I just referred to Holland because Gerrit is Dutch too. It would be nice to hear from him, to see if he has the same problem!Regards,Leo Bakker

Hi Leo,That's what I figured. Basically the way it works is that when you're at the end of a certain mode, the counter which is tied to the Main Button (Decision Height) (+10, 20, 30, etc) will return to 0.You can see this happening via the little display you referenced.Sometimes though it will not stop at 0 like it should and it will go to -10.If it goes to -10, FS2Crew will automatically bump it up the equivalent of one Main Button press so it gets to 0.Very Important: In most cases, the counter needs to be at 0 before FS2Crew will advance to the next mode.That is why you'd had to press the Main Button a couple times to get the mode to switch over.Make sense?Why your counter isn't being bumped up to 0 like it should I don't know. I would like to know what button, if any, you have assigned to "Decrease" Decision Height. If you have an assignment in there, please delete it as it may be causing a conflict.I would also like to know how fast your computer is.For the final SP1.3 I'll probably just slow down the rate at which the counter spins down to 0 so it stops at 0 every time and doesn't go off into the negatives.Cheers,Bryan

Guest lbb

Hi Bryan,FYI, I have no button assigned to decrease DH. My computer is a bit slow, I must admit, at 1600MHz. Is that a problem?Today I used the "K" on my keyboard rather than the button on my yoke to see if that would make any difference, but it didn't, so there must be something else causing the counter to reset below zero.Regards,Leo Bakker

Hello Leo,It could be that your computer is slow. It's really hard to say. It works fine for me, but my computer is fairly fast.Try doing a flight in clear wx with no 3rd party scenery with no AI traffic. Do the tutorial flight. That will ensure minimum stress on your CPU.See if it makes a difference.Cheers,Bryan