Sign in to follow this  
Guest afluhart

Problems with comm radios

Guest afluhart

I've read both forums and couldn't find a solution. I know the standard practice of turning on nav radios then comm radios in order for the xfer button to work. I do just that... however when I select the xfer button a red 'act' light flashes and does not change the stby freq. to the active freq. I have flown several flights and have not had this problem until recently... I did just install sp3 recently... I don't know if this is an issue or not. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Guest afluhart

Thanks for the help guys! The active button works wonders... Thanks for your help.

Guest afluhart

Turns out I'm an idiot. I was turning on the adf 2 and not the nav2 on the autopilot panel. Thats what I get for taking a break here and there! Hehe... Thanks again guys! Great product Bryan!

Guest firehawk44

I have the same problem. I just bought and installed the ATR Edition and cannot get the red 'act' light to remain on. I have read and searched the ATR forum too as well as the recommendations in this thread. Here's what I'm doing:Start up FS9 with the default Cessna.Select the ATRStart FSCrew (DSP SEL)Battery ONExternal Power DC/AC Wild ONNAV 1 and NAV 2 ON (on Autopilot panel)Click on VHF2 button and make sure volume turned onComm2 ONClick on ACT button and then tune top line to 131.95 (I have tried using the XFR switch too w/o success)The red "ACT" light flashes but does not stay on. No comm from HQ or from Maint when tuned to the Maint freq.Before I uninstall and reinstall the ATR and FS2Crew, can someone tell me if I'm doing anything wrong?Thanks for any assistance.JimYoung

Guest firehawk44

That has to be the solution. I got tied up trying to get the Comm red 'act' light to remain lit. Thanks for the quick response.Ciao,JimYoung