Sign in to follow this  
Guest martin842

Ramp agent fails to appear until very late

Guest martin842

I sometimes have a problem with the ramp agent not showing up. This happens in about one in every three flights that I attempt.What happens is this. Everything goes according to the book up to the point where I blow the horn to attract the ramp agent

Guest lbb

Hi Martin,I have the same problems every now and then. If nothing happens, open the brief panel to see what mode is indicated. If it still says FCP push the main button once (or sometimes twice) extra. The mode should transition to Pre-Hotel and everything should be working fine.Please report back if this works, because Bryan is trying to find out how this is caused and your report could help!Leo Bakker

Guest martin842

Thanks for the reply. I will do as you suggest and let you know what happens.Thanks againMartin

Hello Martin,What Leo said.I suspect what's happening is that you were a little too late finishing the Final Cockpit Prep checklist.You need to start the Final Cockpit Prep after the FO hands you the Takeoff Data Card. Set the bugs quickly and start the checklist. Don't take too long doing this.If the time goes down to 0 while you're still in FCP checklist mode you will confuse the simulation's logic.Also, when you're finished the FCP checklist, make sure that the mode as indicated on the Dep Briefing Page switches to "Pre-Hotel".If you're in Pre-Hotel, you can call the Ramp guy via the horn.All the best,Bryan

Guest martin842

Thanks for your message, Bryan.I can do the FCP checklist very quickly these days. I normally don't have to set the bugs because they are unchanged from the previous (aborted) flight. I can therefore finish the FCP checklist with several minutes to spare before zero. So I am sure that that is not the problem.But I haven't up till now taken any notice of what mode I am in. I will watch this carefully in future, and will let you know if there is any correlation between the problem's occuring and the mode.Thanks for your help.Martin

Guest martin842

I followed Leo's suggestion of clicking the main button a couple of times to force it into Pre-Hotel mode, and I am pleased to say it worked a treat. So, no more aborted flights.Bryan, I will keep an eye on this, and try and work out what circumstance is causing it to happen sometimes, and other times not. If I ever discover it, I will let you know.Thanks to both for your courteous help.Martin