Sign in to follow this  
Guest buffedub

Instrument Problem

Guest buffedub

I am having a problem flying the ATR without FS2Crew. I realize the heresy in that statement. However,when I configure the aircraft for Engines Running at Start, everything on the panel operates properly with the exception of the PFD. I cannot get it to light up. The ND works fine. When using FS2Crew all is normal. Both PFD and ND are illuminated. Am I missing a knob somewhere??RegardsRoger

Hello Roger,Repent yea! Repent yea!You know we don't allow heretics on the board :-)However, before I send the Inquisition after you I might suggest this:1. You need to set your ATR Config Manager so the panel loads "Cold and Dark."2. FS2Crew changes the ATR so the CRT displays are off when you load the plane (this relates to the fact that with FS2Crew the simulation always starts in a cold and dark situation. The upcoming 767 version is different though. With it you'll be able to start with the engine on and everything ready for takeoff if so desired if time is at a premium).Long story short, the FO will turn on the CRTs during his pre-cockpit setup, but if you don't want to wait for him you can manually turn them on by adjusting the brightness for both CRTs. The knobs for that can be found on the autopilot panel.All the best,Bryan

Guest buffedub

Now I'm really perplexed.:) The idea of starting with the engines running was so I wouldn't have to deal with the FO, Power up etc. There are days where all I want to do is FLY!. Anyhow, I started cold and dark as you suggested. I did not start FS2Crew (that being the point). I pressed CTRL-E to start the engines but still had no avionics. I could light the ND with the knob on the EFIS panel but not the PFD. The AP panel was also unlit. I could not find any knobs on the autopilot panel to turn on anything. Its not really THAT big of a problem. I can fly without the PFD since alot of the info is repeated on the ND.RegardsRogerPS: I will refrain from further heretical comments in future.

Hello Roger,I follow now. For the EADI and EHSI Displays (the two CRTs) look at Page 104 Items 3 and 4 of the F1 ATR manual to see the location of the brightness display knobs. I believe you use the right mouse button to increase the brightness.For the avionics displays, you'll need to turn them manually on. Right click on the knobs to take them out of the off position.Cheers,Bryan

Guest buffedub

Hi BryanThat did it. I had fooled around with the EFIS knob labelled 'TEST' but never got the mouse in the right place to turn the PFD on. Sometimes they have too many functions jammed into one place. Anyhow, thanks much for your help. I promise to fly WITH FS2Crew more often.:)RegardsRogerKROA

Talking about inquisition, just the plain fact that you tried to start the ATR with ctrl-e should be grounds for burning at the stake ;-) Besides of being lame, it will simply not work with an addon this complicated.

Guest buffedub

Hi KyleI was just following instructions from our leader. My original intent was to fly the ATR without all the in-cockpit bureaucracy. At 'cold and dark' the only way out was CTRL-e. It actually worked except for the avionics. I guess I'm use to the PMDG 737NG which can be fully operational minus FS2Crew by hitting the Batt button. I guess this does sound pretty awful on this particular forum. I really DO like FS2Crew. It's a wonderful add-on. There are just times when I want to get into the air quickly or test something on the aircraft. Again my apologies for the heresy.RegardsRoger

I'm sorry, of course I was just kidding. Sometimes I just can't help myself making stupid jokes :-)