Sign in to follow this  
Guest ranco1

Help! Mode does not change to pre-hotel and more problems

Guest ranco1

Hi BryanI do every thing perfect. I do the fcp checklist. I finish and when I am finished the mode stays at FCP.This worked before but all of a sudden it is not working. I do the fcp checklist after the FO hands me the data card. I think the only thing I am doing different is that I set the DH on the radar altimter before doing the fcp checklist. I also set the propbrake during the fcp checklist. Ok I got around this by pressing the main button which changed it to pre-hotel (I edited this message I after I figured it out) But I am still having more problems. I start to taxi. The safety brief is playing.While the safety brief is playing the FA dialogue pops up. An email you sent me said thisHi Alex, You should need to wait till she finished her brief before calling for the taxi checklist. Just wait maybe an extra 10 seconds or so from when you

Hello Alex,Hmmm, I'm not quite sure what you're doing, but it sounds like you're not following the order somehow and messing up FS2Crew's logic.As a hint, make sure you don't release the parking brake and turn on the taxi light until you're ready to taxi.Also, run the tutorial flight again line by line. Perhaps that will help identify where the program is being thrown out of whack.It's important that things be done in the right sequence, more or less, or you can confuse FS2Crew.Cheers,Bryan

Hi Alex,You need to turn on the Prop Brake before starting Hotel Mode.I usually do it before calling for the Final Cockpit Prep Checklist.For the FA briefs, remember the briefs that you hear you are monitoring via the cockpit speakers. You of course do not have to listen to the briefs if you do not want to by making the appropriate selection on the audio panel.You should not delay doing checklists because a FA brief is playing. You can do them at the same time.Personally, I do not monitor the FA briefs.Cheers,Bryan

Guest martin842

I think I know what Alex's problem is, because I once did the same thing.You can do the taxi checklist while the safety brief is being played. The important thing here is not to answer the FA call until after you have finished the taxi checklist.Martin

That is for sure the cause of it, has happened to me a few times too. Perhaps it should be made more obvious that you can't answer the call for "cabin ready" until the taxi list is complete. A reminder text in the dialogue window perhaps?Especially if you're really flying by the book and at a busy airport (on line flying) you might have to wait for your taxi clearance, during that time the FA might call the cabin ready.

I'll add a little something into the final SP1.3 to help prevent people from accidently doing this.If you don't delay running the taxi checklist, though, this possible scenario should never arise.You should call for the taxi checklist once clear of the apron. Don't call for the taxi checklist until you're moving and are well clear of your parking spot.All the best,Bryan

Guest martin842

Bryan, another thing, which may be related to this, is that the FA sometimes calls to say that the cabin is ready for takeoff while the safety brief is still playing. I would guess that this shouldn't happen until the safety brief is over, but perhaps I am wrong, if the FA calling is different from the FA giving the brief?ThanksMartin

Hello Martin,It's a timing issue. FS2Crew does not always use simulator time, so sometimes FS2Crew's timing can get slightly out of synch with FS time.As I mentioned to Alex, I couldn't reproduce this, but what I'll do is add more time to the trigger for the FA dialogue panel.I hope another 8 seconds will be sufficient, because that's what I'm going to add.Cheers,Bryan

Guest martin842

Is it not possible to use the end of the safety brief as the trigger for the FA dialogue?Martin