Sign in to follow this  
Guest Olivier

Problem with Hotel mode

Guest Olivier

Hi,I have the same problem as Tim hadhttp://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...ing_type=searchI am opening a new thread because it seems the reason why this problem was solved does not appear there.Basically, what happens is that, in the middle of the Final cockpit preparation checklist, the FO asks me if we have to start in Hotel mode.Then, I finish the checklist, asks the ground crew clearance to start in Hotel mode.When I start and prss the main button for the 6 announcement, I get the Before taxi check list.It seems to me, reading other threads, that it is because I was too slow at setting the bugs, and I called the final prep. checklist too late, which messed up the process.Do you think it is the mistake I did ?I think it would be nice to have this part not time controlled, but Main button controlled, I mean, maybe the FO should ask about Hotel mode after the final prep. checklist and not after a certain time ?I will go on reading the manual and try to be faster.Thanks,Olivier

Hello Olivier,I suggest trying this:After the FO hands you the Takeoff Data Card, immediately run the Final Cockpit Prep Checklist after setting up your bugs, and run it right away. Do not lower the time via the watch until you've finished starting hotel mode.Hope that helps,Bryan

Guest Olivier

Hi,Thanks for your quick answer. I did another try "hurrying up" to set the bugs and it worked fine.I have another question (not sure it is worth opening a new thread). According to the manual, you run the before takeoff check list when you are cleared on the runway. This means we need to hurry up because the plane has to stay on the runway until the checklist is finised, right ?What if ATC asks if we can line up the runway and departure straight away ?Thanks for your support.Olivier

Hi Olivier,When I was programming the ATR version, I asked that very same question to my ATR consultant pilot.He said it's never a problem. They manage it. They would probably speak quickly and run the checklist faster than normal.Some Captain's will call for the first few Before Takeoff checklist items before being cleared on to the runway.Hope that helps,Bryan

What I do is I call for the before takeoff checklist slightly before reaching the hold short line and still moving. By time the plane has stopped the flight controls are checked and I call for takeoff clearance. I move to the runway only after the exterior light item has been completed (and clearance recieved of course).Goes very smoothly this way.

Guest Olivier

Thanks for the hint!Happy flying,Olivier