Sign in to follow this  
TheDanger

Recording voice files for fs2 crew

JohnWhat would be good is to record our own voices for the captains part then find several other voices for the FO sets. We could also do a FO set and swap. That way you could change your FO depending on where you were or your mood :)Has anyone got a list of the scripts and files used?Any good wav recording software you can recommend? I remember reading somewhere about a package where you could record constantly and press a button to split into separate wav files then carry on talking. A lot easier than doing single start/stop recordingsregardsGraham

Guest johnc21

Hi Graham Yeah i have been recording a few of them just from listening to them and literally recording the exact words in my own voice.Your idea about a script would be a great idea with script and what the file must be called as i think all this links together in the sim filenames and that ( i think )If your willing to do say the captains and the FO stuff we can swap accordingly.and possibly get other ppl involved so in a certain period of time different voice sets can be recorded.Anyway for the time being i think its best we wait for brian to have a look at these ideas cos after all its his creation.I also want to obtain his permission do this.Ok well for the moment thanks for your interest graham and we will talk to you later ok.all the Best JohnAlways Try Reset

Hi John,Listening to some of the wav files on the 767 Ive noticed that there is more than just the captains voice on some of the files. ie FO responds after captain in the same wav.What we may have to do with those files is copy and paste the FO part into that file after the captain has finished. As I dont have access to the source, and I doubt any of the public will :), then we cant make the program open a different or additional wav.May take some tinkering around cutting, copying and pasting etc into the one file but its possible and makes for some interesting possibilities !Microphone Standing by !RegardsGraham

Guest johnc21

Hi everybodyI think i remember brian mentioning that if ppl wished they could record over the voice files inn fs2 crew to perhaps make it even a little more " live sounding"Brian i have recorded my own voice over some of the files, however lets assume im playing the captain and in the same file the FO replies with something. i find it quite difficult to change my voice so it sounds like to different ppl.My girlfriend isnt willing to helpl me unfortunately!! Do you have any thoughts in this bryan or anyone else for that matter.Also when i am finished is it possible for me to upload them for others to download if anybody is interested in themBTW my name is John, i am irish.so you know what the accent will be like im sure but dont worry im ensuring clarity in the new recordings ha hahope to hear from you all soon.Talk to you later all the bestJohn

Recording your own voice set for FS2Crew is a huge undertaking!You'll just have to listen to each wav individually and go from there.It's not complex to do, but it can get rather tedious.There are save good wav editors out there than allow you to easily copy and paste and edit the wav files so everything matches up.If you require further assistance, just let me know.P.S. To record, Windows Sound Recorder that comes with XP works just fine. Be sure to use wav properties that match the existing wav files.Bryan

Guest johnc21

Hi Graham Yes you are correct about the FO being in the same clips as the captain so what i have been trying to do is record the whole statement in the clip and then the FO parts i mess around with speed-tempo-pitch etc but its proving a little bit tricky but ill keep playing around with the settings and if i find anything decent we can work with ill let you know okAll the bestJohn

Guest johnc21

Hi everybodyjust to let you know im heading to my home town in wexford for a few days,so i may not make any posts for a few days.but ill talk to you all when i get back!all the best,John

Guest johnc21

hi all just to let you know im back again and hopefully i will commence this project of re-reording soon.any one with thoughts or ideas please shareall the best John

I am currently developing a voiceset recorder for FS2Crew. I have started this project last year, but lost most of the code due to my own stupidity. I will concentrate on it in the new coming weeks again. The recorder will be able to create different voicesets for both PF, FO and FA. Stay tuned.I am currently working on the FS2Crew 737, but plan to later release versions for the ATR and 767.Pat