Sign in to follow this  
aerdt

ATR Tutorial Flight - First Impressions

I have just completed the ATR tutorial flight (after, lol, having tried it for 2 times) and I have to say: Wow, very nice. I absolutely loved the attention to detail. Even the PA and Intercom was functional. Those are the little details that I just love about this add-on.I was initially hestitant about the various "click spots", because it sounded difficult and confusing in theory, but I was actaully surprised how well it did work and how fast I was able to memorize the spot and their purpose.Just a few things came into my mind that I would consider for improvement for future versions:- The "main button" and "secondary button" is a great idea, but I think it would be a lot easier to have the "main button" as a "call checklist/dispatch" button and then the "secondary button" to acknowledge and maybe an additional third button. I found myself a few times struggling "what button should i press now?" because it wasn't really consistent and didn't seem logical. "Why do I have to press the secondary button now, when i always had to press the main button before?"- I had some problems going through the briefing, because the tutorial didn't really outline how to initiate the briefing? "Where do I have to click now?"So, having had the 737 version for quite some time, I am not sure, which "interface" I do prefer. The 737 is easier in many aspects, because it seems to be more sequential and logical, plus you have more visual references to guide you through the flow. However, the ATR version is a lot more detailed, but obviously more complex.For future versions, I would like to see a more consistent approach to the interface, so you don't have to re-invent the wheel anytime a new version of FS2Crew comes out.Anyway, excellent job, Bryan. I hardly fly without it anymore.

Hi Patrick,Glad you like it. For the briefing, just click the text itself to the left of the selection. Start from the top and work your way down.I'm always looking for ways to make complex things simple, so we'll see what happens in future versions.Once you know what you're doing with the ATR, it's quite simple. I can do it my eyes closed, but then again I made the thing!Bryan

Darn, just bought the 767 version as well. It's going to be a long night! Please take you time with future versions, because I am on the verge of exhaustion (obesession?) with FS2Crew - obviously that is meant in a good way ;-)