Sign in to follow this  
moss1

Performance question

Hey Bryan, I just purchased FS2Crew ATR Version today. The install went great, and the plane loads fine. I do have a question if you can help?How much does FS2crew effect overall performance? I noticed alot of stuttering throughout my flight when panning in the VC, yet my fps was maintaining 24-29 fps. I lock it at 30. You can see my specs below, so this one has me puzzled. It might be my driver for my card, who knows, but I wanted to see if the program could have more than just a little impact before looking into other things. Any suggestions you have would be greatly appreciated. Tremendous job on the ATR version. Even the 30 minute prefight flew by. The immersion is just outright fabulous. I just have to learn when to hit the main and secondary buttons for the correct flows during flight. Thanks so much for your help and your fantastic software!

Hello Jeff,Thank you for the kind words.I must say that I have the most polite customers of probably everyone :-)1. Engines... that's easy.Pls see this thread from the PMDG forum:http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...ing_type=searchBasically just change the default FS9 "engine select" key assignment to something other than "e".2. Stutterings... that's not so easy.Have not had it reported before. Check the usual suspects: De-Frag hard drive... maybe turn down clouds, etc. You might also want to search the Flight1 ATR forum as I have no reason to believe it's FS2Crew releated.Glad to hear it's going well. Give it about 5 or so flights before you become comfortable with it... you have to remember when to hit the Secondary Button and when to hit the Main Button... it'll come.The ATR Edition is the most complex version of FS2Crew.Cheers,Bryan