Sign in to follow this  
flyfisher

Unable to download files

I have been unable to download files for a few days.Using DAP I get to the authenticating stage and then no further.Is this due to the current mirror site changes or is there some other problem.I see several others are having problems but no explanations have been given.Could someone be so kind as to give us an explanation.Thanks.:-beerchug

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

This has to do with the number of concurrent connections we allow. Are you allowing DAP to create more than four streams at one time? If so, you need to set it to no more than four. With DAP, if one connection fails, usually the whole download shuts off. With StarDownloader on the other hand, if one or more connects fail, it will continue to use the good connect. With DAP, I suspect you just need to keep trying, or give Star Downloader a try at:www.stardownloader.com

Tom,Thanks for your prompt reply.I have not had any recent trouble with DAP. Could it be because I recently installed the Google toolbar?

LOL.. well, I don't think so, but I don't run it and couldn't tell you what type of impact it makes. Shut it down and see if that allows you to download.

I'm not using DAP nor do I have a Google toolbar installed. Yes, Tom, I AM still using Netscape 7.1. I've tried three times to download files this morning, and only get as far as the "your download will begin momentarily" page -- then nothing. I click the link that says "if nothing appears to be happening...." but that doesn't help either. Bummer-Lindy

Tom,Last night I managed to download the latest build of Terrashape from Colin Sare-Soar's hangar site at AVSIM with DAP (and the Google toolbar was working).I then tried to download some files from the AVSIM library with no luck. The download again stuck at the authentication stage.How come I cannot download from the AVSIM library but can from the hangar site?I was also able to download some Windows XP updates with no trouble.Whilst I appreciate I could try after uninstalling the Google toolbar I would rather not and similarly would prefer to stick with DAP as I have had little trouble in the past.:-hmmm