Sign in to follow this  
Jetstar2

A Couple of Questions Regarding Non Precision Approaches

I have two quesitons regarding Non-Precision Approaches 1) In the approach briefing, do I need to specify or brief anything in the approach line of the approach briefing? I can only find Generic ILS, Generic Vis, and One VOR approach specific to an airport. Does this mean I don't select the approach line of the approach briefing for a VOR, LOC, or NDB app? 2) I don't see anything regarding a before landing checklist for Non Precision apps. I do see for the Visual approaches, one that is executed after Flaps 15/Gear down. Robert Williamson

Hello Robert,1. For Non Precision approaches, the important thing is that you set the desired Approach Type in the APP TYPE field on the APP BRIEF page.Use the mouse button to cycle selections.The Audio Briefs themselves are irrelevant. The APP TYPE field is the important one. We don't have specific audio briefs for Non-Prec approaches because they take up too much disk space and because probably less than 1 percent of the user base would every fly a Non Prec app. It's preferred to save the the custom briefs for the ILS approaches.2. I'd have to check my notes again, but if memory serves correct the Before Landing Checklist on a Non Prec app is run the same way as a ILS approach. It comes in sequence after the gear.Basically on a Non Prec approach just make sure you're configured for ldg early.Hope that helps,Bryan