Sign in to follow this  
WheelerEGKK

Take off Altitude?

HiDuring pre take off checklist I get a 'takeoff altitude' check failure. I can't determine what or where I should be entering the take off altitude.Any help accepted gratefully.regardsKelvin

Hi Bryan,Sorry for delay in replying but I wanted to recheck & verify events.So,On entering the runway and going through before take-off checklist, the PNF calls 'CCAS' to which the PF responds 'oops let me set take off elevation'.Where do you set this? I have already checked the altimeter settings earlier. I am using activesky but I don't see how this would cause it. I have just tried three times at EGJJ (interesting weather at present), and this call came every time.regardsKelvin

Hi Kelvin,You need to set the CCAS to TO INHI (Takeoff Inhibit). It's a read and do item, so when the FO/PNF says "CCAS", press TO INHI then press the Main Button. Look on Page 25 of the Flight1 ATR Manual for the location of TO INHI. It's button #6.The crew shouldn't say "elevation" if you forgot to arm TO INHI. I'll double check that.Chrs,Bryan