Sign in to follow this  
Guest martin842

Guest martin842

A couple of things which I have puzzled over since getting FS2Crew for the ATR:1. What are

Hello Martin,I've never flown an ATR so don't take my word as gospel here :-)FS2Crew modeled a real-world ATR operator's checklists, calls, SOPs, etc., so what you're seeing is the way they do it -at this one airline. Other airlines of course may do things differently. 1. Gear pins... pins that go in the gear. Helps safeguard against accidental gear retraction while on the ground.2. Wings level... ATR if memory serves correct has a high center of gravity coupled with a narrow undercarriage assembly (someone correct me if I'm wrong here :-) ), so it's especially important that the wings be kept level during the roll-out lest you scrape a wing.When you call "Wing Level" during the roll-out, the PNF/FO should take control of the ailerons to ensure the wings remain level.Note that in FS2Crew he does not do this due to a programming limitation (namely, any noise from your joystick would override the FO's attempt to manipulate the ailerons). So you have to keep the wings level yourself.Hope that helps,Bryan

Guest martin842

Thanks Bryan, that explains things clearly. I'm sure I've made quite a few landings where the wings have been far from level.Looking forward to more editions of FS2CrewRegardsMartin