Sign in to follow this  
Guest TCA5000

FA test causes carsh to desktop

Guest TCA5000

Good Afternoon Bryan,I have tried searching the forums to a solution to the problem that I am having but can't find anything......I have the current downloadable ATR version installed with updates..1.3F and memory fix... I have been following the tuturial to the letter....... when it comes to the section where the FA comes into the cockpit to check on the intercom test, the sim locks up and then crashes to the desktop..Up until this point it works like a charm.I have un-installed and reinstalled the FS2 Crew and it still happens..Any suggestions?CheersPatrick Hanna

Hi Patrick,Do you get any kind of option to view an error report after the crash?Does it happen every time? Did this always happen?Have you searched the ATR forum. I don't recall off hand a similar case. Searching might turn a suggestion up.Also, try doing it a default airport in Africa just to rule out any weird AI or scenery issues.Cheers,Bryan

Guest TCA5000

Hi Bryan,There is no error message when it initially crashes, however when I went to restart FS9 without a computer reboot, the sim would not load up and there was a error message pop-up in what appeared to be German listing the FS2CrewENV.gau.It might not be related to the FA announcement though as when I re-booted up and loaded the sim, I let the aircraft sit without activating FS2Crew and after 15 min the sim crashed again. I am going to uninstall both aircraft and FS2Crew and try a clean install of both. If it happens again, I will try to get a screen shot of any error pop-up that appears and send it in for your opinion...CheersPat

Guest TCA5000

Hi Bryan,Well after a complete clean re-install of both the ATR and FS2Crewprograms.....it happened again. I made it to the 13 minute mark before it crashed. I got a "your computer ran out of memory message" but I really don't know how that could be the problem as these are my system specs:AMD 4.2 Duel core with 2 GIG RAMNVidia GEForce 8800 Video card with 1 GIG memoryI tried to restart FS and reload the ATR and got the error message that I have attached a jpeg of...This flight was at the default RKPC airport.. no add on scenery..Only additional program running was Active Sky V6Any thoughts???

Guest TCA5000

Problem Solved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!As it turns out... it was a simple matter of increasing the size of the virtual memory in my system.Things are working like a dream now.Thanks for all the help Bryon! Sorry for the hassleCheerPat

Guest TCA5000

Good Morning Bryan,As it turns out, I spoke to soon about solving the memory crash problem. As things stand, if I use the program while flying into airports/scenery that is very basic and have very little AI activity, there is no problem with the game crashing. However, if I fly into a busy airport/detailed scenery area, the game crashes and I get the "system ran out of memory error" Needless to say, it is gettting very frustrating but I do not want to give up as this is such an incredible add on. Can you please offer any suggestions as to how I can stop this running out of memory error? - I have the memory update installed - I have un-installed and re-installed FS2Crew and ATR72 several times - my system is a brand new Athlon64 X2 5200+ AM2 duel core with 2Gigram and GForce 8800GTS video card. I am looking at getting the FS2Crew version for the A320+ but if I can solve this problem I will needless to say have to give up on that idea.Thank you very much in advancePatrick Hanna

Guest TCA5000

Evening Bryan,Yes.. as I mentioned above, I installed the memory fix at the same time that I reinstalled the program.I even tried not doing it but has the same result.CheersPat