Sign in to follow this  
stefltt

Altimeter Bugs

Hi Bryan,I'm currently flying to Des Moines Airport in the ATR72. I'm expecting an ILS approach rwy 13 (CAT I approach).The airport elevation is 958ft, the touchdown elevation is 921ft.Accrding to the Jeppesen plate, the DA for ILS 13 is 1121ft and the DH is 200ft. How do I set the red bug and the 2 white bugs on the altimeter ? (which values in fact) the red bug cannot go further than 980ft and the first white bug cannot go below 0ft.How do I set FS2crew in the approach briefing page ?

vpa055.png

Hello Stephane,I recall this was an issue in the FS9 ATR version; you're right in that narrow zone that can trigger this issue.Have you searched the forum for discussion relevant to this topic?I think the solution was to set the approach mode to Non Precision and input a 1000 foot additive.Cheers,Bryan

I didn't search the forum for an ancient topic (but it seems that this has never been asked before).And your solution seems to be logical. I will give it a try on my next flight.

vpa055.png