Sign in to follow this  
byork

Troubleshooting FAQs - Please Read Before Posting

Hello Flight Simulator Desktop Captains,MOST IMPORTANT: Check the "DOWNLOADS" Page on the FS2Crew website for any available updates!!!!! Note: If you own the 737 Special Edition CD, then you do not need to download these updates as the updates were built into the installer!!!******** FS2Crew: 737 Pro and Default Editions ************1. Question: When FS2Crew is installing, I get an "invalid data" error with one of the files.Answer: Your download was corrupt. Please re-download FS2Crew again, but be sure to use the Flight1 Downloader Tool as it helps ensure your download does not get corrupt.---2. Question: The FA brief flashes, then goes away, FS2Crew doesn't seem to be working.Answer: You probably used the SLEW command. After FS2Crew loads, NEVER change position. If you want to start at a certain location at the airport, go there with the Cessna, then load the 737. Slewing causes nothing but problems, so don't do it. Also, make sure you're not loading the PMDG 737 from a VC cockpit. Only load it from a 2D cockpit to ensure everything loads properly.---3. Question: All the FS2Crew Pages are visible on the screen when I load the 737. Answer: If you load the Cessna and shut it down as per the manual, and then load the 737, you won't have this problem. If you don't want to do that, you can always click on the BATT Text on the TERMINATON PAGE. That will close all visible FS2Crew panels.---4. Question: The CPAL icon doesn't work and/or the Approach Brief Page doesn't go away.Answer: You installed FS2Crew on a machine other than the you paid for it on, or you forgot to install Service Update 2 if using FS2Crew for the PMDG 800/900/CD version..Please email me at: admin@fs2crew.com and I'll tell you what you need to do.NOTE: If you formated your HD and re-installed everything you will need to re-install FS2Crew via the Re-install button found on the Payment Screen screen embedded in the original download file. That will regenerate your license, which will make your CPAL work again.If you lost your Key, you can obtain another at:www.flight1.com---5. Question: The Battery Switch doesn't work and I'm running the PMDG 800/900/CD version.Answer: You forgot to install PMDG Service Update #1. It's available on the PMDG website. Please install that, then re-install FS2Crew.---6. Question: I'm having problems with the Virtual Cockpit. The Pop-Up FS2Crew Pages don't close and FS crashes when the FA Page comes up.Answer: I'm changing what I said before. It's no longer the "recommended" procedure, it's now the "mandatory" procedure: You **must** load the default Cessna's 2D panel first, then load the PMDG. Do not use pre-saved Start-up files!Also, do **not** transfer to a different airport while the PMDG is loaded!!!! Do **not** do this. If you want to start from a different airport before commencing your flight, use the Cessna. Also, do **not** load the 737 directly from the Cessna's Virtual Cockpit. Only load the PMDG directly from the Cessna's 2D cockpit.That should solve all your Virtual Cockpit issues.--8. Question: I'm using a French keyboard and cannot enter the key commands for the Autobrakes (PMDG Version only). Answer: Email me and I'll send you my keyboard.ini file.--9. Question: The fonts on the FS2Crew pages are messed up.Answer (direct from a user):"Bryan, thanks for your response; thanks to your email, I think I have my problem solved. Back when I purchased my LCD monitor, I installed a standalone program named ClearType Tuning. It is now on Micro$oft's website and tuning is done online. Anyway, it lets you tune cleartype. I had not remembered this program until I received your email. I fired up the ClearType Tuning program and this time I went to the Advanced tab instead of using the wizard. I already had Enable Font Smoothing selected; did not change it. Under the LCD Screen Striping area I had checked RGB. I changed that to enable BGR instead (I haven't checked to see if that makes a difference yet). I really think the difference was made in the ClearType Contrast Setting area. I moved the slider more toward the Darker indicator. I started up M$FS2K4 and opened one of the PMDG 737-900 aircraft, then started FS2Crew. Guess what? The fonts are clear as can be! I then went back into ClearType Turning program and changed it back to my original settings; trying to recreate my problem. It did just that...unreadable again. My problem is solved. Thanks for your email and this outstanding program."--10. Question: The FO stopped setting the autobrake.Answer: Re-enter the autobrake key combination in the PMDG keyboard assignments menu.--11. Question: I changed my hardware and/or formated my hard drive to do a re-install and now the CPAL icon stopped working.Answer: You need to re-install FS2Crew via the Flight1 Wrapper to re-generate your license file (which is machine bound to your computer). Select Re-Install in the Wrapper then browse to your Key.--12. Question: The Virtual Cockpit for the 600/700 (with the 800/900 Upgrade) is all jumbled up after installing Service Update 2.Answer: You forgot to install the PMDG 800/900 Optional Models Update that makes the 6/700's VC clickable.--13. Question: Where are the manuals?Answer: Click: Start -> All Programs -> FS2Crew folder.--14. Question: The FO is not setting the Autobrake (PMDG Version).Answer: Re-enter the Keypress for the Autobrake in the PMDG Keypress Menu, and double check that there is no keyboard assignment conflict with any other application like Radar Contact.--15. Question: My nav radios are going dead. Why?Answer: From a user: "My problem with the unresponsive radios/NAV has been resolved. It was my shortcut that I used as my VATSIM "push to talk" button. If you hold it longer than 8 seconds, it'll execute a Windows fix macro and FS/PMDG does not like that! I simply used another "push to talk" button and voila... no problems anymore."--16. Question: I'm getting bad stuttering. Answer: From a user: "OK, Problem solved!I had installed a cache optimizer/memory management program as a trial from O&O software called

Hi Bryan,Having problems with the PMDG 600-700 'vc'view. The guages are all jumbled up even though I have carried out the solution in 'FAQ's and loaded the update number 2.Any idea's please?Dave T. .........On the Devon Riviera and active 'FlightSim User's Group' member at http://www.flightsimgrpuk.free-online.co.uk/http://www.captainsim.com/user/dl/c130/c130_captain.gifhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/supporter.jpg

Dave Taylor gb.png

Hi Dave,Sounds like you forget to install the 800/900 Optional Models Update that makes the 600/700's VC clickable. This is a PMDG update available on their website.Please download and install that update. Then re-install FS2Crew.Cheers,Bryan

Guest Scott221

Ok, first of all, great product! really well done, the hard work hasnt gone un-noticed!But it just isn't working for me!I brought this yesterday, tried to do the tutorial flight (KSFO-KLAX) four times today and it happend everytime. Everything is fine up to the takeoff, the F/O brings up the gear, i click LNAV, then go to click flaps, and nothing happens, try to do the After takeoff checklist, nothing happens. Meaning i cant go any further because the after takeoff checklist hasn't been completed!If this is a noob question, then im sorry, but its doing my nut!HELP!Cheers, Scott.

Hi Scott,Pls see this thread. What you're experiencing has been discussed a lot.http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...d=193&mode=fullBasically during the departure brief, you're not clicking a selection. Miss a selection, and you can mess up the program's logic.Most common selection is this:Flaps: Click "5"VNAP/AM: Click "B" then click "V" (which stands for VNAV).Chrs,Bryan

Guest Scott221

>Hi Scott,>>Pls see this thread. What you're experiencing has been>discussed a lot.>>http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...d=193&mode=full>>Basically during the departure brief, you're not clicking a>selection. Miss a selection, and you can mess up the>program's logic.>>Most common selection is this:>>Flaps: Click "5">VNAP/AM: Click "B" then click "V" (which stands for VNAV).>>Chrs,>Bryan>Hello Chris,Cheers, but that still has not worked. Should i try re-installing?