Sign in to follow this  
ailchim

Des Braban PMDG 737 sound set and FSCrew

I have had the PMDG 737 for some while and have applied the Des Braban improved sound set - which is great.No, I didn't back up the old sounds and yes, I know I should have!I have now purchased FSCrew, first flight 6 out of 10, missing 4 out of 10 being due to me not the product, but I'll get the hang of it!I seem to have some duplicated calls - Positive Rate of Climb, Gear Up for certain.Any advice how best to resolve this?

ngxu_banner.png

When I looked up the soundset in the file library, I noticed that there is an additional "enhancement pack" available for the soundset which contains new callouts like gear up and some engine start calls. Do you have that installed? If you do, then naturally you will get extra callouts as they are tied to events and keypresses in the sim.

No certainly no changes made personally.And no additional buttons pressed prior to take off.Is the "positive rate of climb----" call standard PMDG or Des Braban?Maybe it's just different voices made me think it's duplication?BTW your product is a whole quantum leap, made me me very uncomfortable not being able to do things right 1st time....Which is same way I felt when I got PMDG 737 and then ATR. If you are here for a challenge, that's what you want! I'll try again, very satisfied at getting Tutorial 1 down in one piece at KLAX at 3rd attempt, not perfect by any means, but it certainly made me pay attention, which is what I was looking for!

ngxu_banner.png

Yes that makes senseSo any idea what's best way either of re-installing standard PMDG package or eliminating call-outs from the add-on?I think the engine sounds are much better with the Brabam add-on and you sure as h**l don't need to look to see if you have spoilers up or wheels down - you can hear them!

ngxu_banner.png

Thanks for the kind words!Wait till you see the ATR version... it's even more advanced.Forgot to mention that you need to disable the callouts in the PMDG options menu or you will hear double calls.That's mentioned in the FS2Crew manuals.Cheers,Bryan

Yes I think I did that but will check, maybe not.

ngxu_banner.png

If I have understood correctly how the sound package works, you cannot disable the callout parts of it as they are part of the actual soundfile that's played when you hit G to raise the gear.Try deleting the contents of the PMDG's Sound-folder completely. Then install the "big" soundpack there and then just don't install the smaller one with the callouts. Works for me, I did not install the callout pack.Disabling callouts from the PMDG menu is a whole different thing which needs to be done and is covered in the installation manual.