Sign in to follow this  
aerdt

Radios dead on approach?

My radios and NAV died on me for the second time upon approach and I have no clue what could have caused this. The radios work just fine enroute and on final approach, everything dies on me. I cannot even change the frequencies anymore and my VOR/ILS don't ident or work.I am using the PMDG 737 with FS2Crew and FSInn - any ideas??Thanks a lot.

Hi,That's a very strange issue. Does it happen every time?What key assignment do you have set for the Avionics Master switch?Also, I suggest that you try making a flight without FSINN and see if you can reproduce it.All the best,Bryan

Well, I have learned from the FSInn forum that there apparently is an issue with radios/NAV and FSCopilot. I have uninstalled FSCopilot, but I still have the same symptoms.I really don't touch the keyboard during the flight, except for sending messages via FSInn and to arm the speedbrake (shift /). Very weird.

Guest deltatango

I thought there was a know problem with FSinn and Fs2crew not playing well together. I had weird problems, ditched FSinn and have had no problems since.Fsinn, was supposed to be patched, but I don't if it has yet.Darren

My problem with the unresponsive radios/NAV has been resolved. It was my shortcut that I used as my VATSIM "push to talk" button.If you hold it longer than 8 seconds, it'll execute a Windows fix macro and FS/PMDG does not like that! I simply used another "push to talk" button and voila... no problems anymore.

Update: It happened again and I do not have any clue why.... *boohoo*I was flying from KDEN to KPHX, wanted to switch radios for approach. Not working - dead! I tried flipping the battery switch on and off - nothing. No reaction at all. APU - on/off, negative. I did switch radios on my VATSIM flight a few times, but just after the "In Range" Checklist everything died on me. I will try a complete re-install.

Byran,I just completed another flight and the same thing happened again. Can you tell me what switches are being operated by the F/O after the "In Range" checklist until the final approach? Something happens after the "In Range" check list until I am ready to incept the localizer.I am sure, it is purely my fault, but I cannot locate the problem. I think it has to do something with the APU, bleed or general electric supply. I followed the instruction line-by-line and read everything a million times - everything seems to work, except radio tuning on approach.Thanks a lot!

Hi,The things the FO does depends on what type of approach you are you flying.Precision ILS, Monitored Precision, Non Precision, Monitored Non Precision or Visual.See if you can reproduce it again, but this time leave the radio panel open and constantly change the nav frequencies until the radio goes dead and let me know:1. The type of approach you flying.2. The exact altitude at which the radios go dead.3. Your cruise Altitude.4. The TDZE for your arrival runway.I can't reproduce this issue, so it's really hard for me to say. I personally suspect it's an obscure PMDG or FSUIPC issue.Also, try making flights without using Squawkbox... maybe SB is causing this issue on your system? However, a lot of people are using FS2Crew with Squawkbox and have no problems, so who knows. Cheers,Bryan

Guest skyhog

I also had FSINN installed and had problems with it. After I uninstalled the program I noticed that FSCo Pilot was still on themenu bar. I found the dll module in FS9 modules folder, but when I tried to remove it the file waas protected and would not leet medelete it. This could be the problem. I still can't get SB3 to work so I gave up oline flying until I get some answers. I have no problems when flying offline.

Hi Bryan,I just flew my PMDG 737-700 with FS2Crew again and, guess what? It happened again. I was flying an offline precision ILS approach at KCLE (cruise alt FL320, TDZE was 791ft). Shortly after the in range checklist, in between passing the transition altitude and the landing announcement, the FO does *something* that cuts power to the radios and ATC.Once I flip the battery switch manually, everything is back.Any ideas? This is a squeaky clean install without FSInn.Thanks,Pat