Sign in to follow this  
aerdt

Radios dead on approach?

Hello Pat,I don't know what more I can say I'm afraid. Whatever is causing this strange phenomenon is not in the FS2Crew code or everyone would experience it and you'd see ten posts a day on the subject.I thought you had it working before after changing your keyboard assignment for the Vatsim push to talk button?All I can suggest is that you take another look at your FSUIPC settings. I suspect the problem is somewhere in your FSUIPC/PMDG. All the best,Bryan

Hi Bryan and thanks for being patient with me.I did another flight yesterday and I am sure that it is just something that I have been doing wrong and I am trying to pinpoint it as accurately as I can.Everything works great, until I start the approach. Shortly after the "In Range" checklist and after passing the transition altitude, the F/O seems to shut off the APU or does 'something'. He annouces the transition altitude and wham: no ATC, no electrical supply. What is it? It's gotta be something that is coded in FS2Crew. I'll look more closely again tonight. Once I start the APU again and bring APU Gen and then the Engine Generators online, everything is fine.I follow everything in the checklist to the line. Start APU, bring APU GEN Online, APU Bleed On, Engine Bleeds Off, Isolation Valve Auto - the rest is handled by the F/O. After starting the engines, I bring the Engine Generators online. During taxi the F/O asks me, if I want to shut off the APU and usually I do tell him to. After that, I am not touching anything APU/Gen/Bleed related anymore and pretty much don't touch the keyboard, except for joystick assignments for flaps, views, speed brake arm and gear. Maybe I am missing something!?I re-installed FSUIPC, the PMDG (after PMDG removal) and FS2Crew. Pretty much everything is standard here.Thanks a lot.Pat

Hi Pat,It's not coded in FS2Crew or, as I say, everyone would have this problem.What other addons are you running, and are you changing window modes (full screen to window mode, etc) during the flight?Try this: Make a flight without FS2Crew and see if you can reproduce the problem.If you can reproduce the problem, make a flight with FS2Crew but leave the overhead panel open right before the Trans Level, run the In Range checklist, and see if any switches get moved on the Overhead.Cheers,Bryan

I'm running some other add-ons: Flight Keeper, ASV, Ultimate Traffic, Ultimate Terrain, Flight Environment, Active Camera, FS Genesis Landclass, aiport add-ons, FSPax (hmmm, that's all I can think of). I haven't installed Ivap or FSInn after the re-install yet. Sometimes I do switch from fullscreen mode to windowed to bring up my VAs ACARS for messages (although I could just to get it displayed).Without FS2Crew, everything works fine. I'll look again tonight and look closely, if I notice something in the overhead. I am sure, it's just a trivial error on my end or, as you said, everyone else would have the problem. I just have not been able to pinpoint it. ;-)Thanks again!

Well, I completed a successful flight without any abnormalities. The problem, so it seems, was a weird assignment for the "avionics" switch. It was initially empty. I suspect the setting got somehow corrupted. I set it to some exotic key combination before the flight and everything worked perfectly. ;-)Thanks, Bryan, for all your help.