Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jeroen November

FS2crew keyboard commands after PMDG 744 install

Guest Jeroen November

Hey Bryan,I've installed the new PMDG747 & allso the interim update, maybe you've got it yourself by now (so as to be able to use the 737NG again). Now I've noticed that FS2Crew on the PMDG737 doesn't really act the way it did anymore. e.g. instead of setting the aurobrakes (by use of the mini-panel) the throttle panel pops up. I suppose it's because the 747 install erradicated the keyboard commands of the 737. Is there an easy way to fix this or should I re-install in some way.Greets,Jeroen

Hello Jeroen,I don't have the 747 yet, so I can't comment based on first hand info.All I can suggest is that you re-assign the PMDG keyboard commands for the 737. Check the FS2Crew Keyboard Assignments manual for the list of required keypresses.Do the PMDG 747 and 737 share the same keyboard ini file? That would be very strange if PMDG did it that way...Bryan

Guest Jeroen November

Hi Bryan,Well they did, but they fixed that with an 'optional' interim patch (you should check the forum...I personally think PMDG was just a little too quick in releasing the 747 so untill the most important bugs are fixed I wouldn't start planning programming FS2crew for it). I did indeed use the keyboard assignment manual & the autobrake works as before & the throttles no longer pop up (thanks for the tip). However the 'autopilot aid' button (the one you press on initial climb)still doesn't work. In my 737 keyboard configuration the autopilot CO keypress is ctrl+I, is that the same as the default setting, 'cause with the patch the keys all got overwritten & it's not a command stated in the FS2Crew manual.Thanks in advanceJeroen

Guest Jeroen November

Hi Bryan,I ment the A/P button on the B.TO/TO/A.TO menu. I know it links to some sort of keypress, but not the one PMDG has set now with the patch. Could you please check which one it is?ThanksJeroen

Guest Jeroen November

Thanks Bryan...Keep up the good FS2Crew workJeroen