Sign in to follow this  
byork

Frame Rate Solution

A few of you experienced frame rate problems with FS2Crew. After much hair pulling, a user finally figured out the solution (at least on his system). I'll quote his email:"I've found the problem.It was quite by mistake, I was checking my DVD burning settings due to another problem I was having, and found that I didn't have the same IDE settings as was recommended in the FAQ page of the program I am using. The FAQ was talking about primary and secondary IDE items in hardware manager (i.e.burner/DVD drives), and when I checked, I had NONE of these, only my MoBo was listed? I posted this on the forum, and after some back and forward posts, it was suggested (and I did) update my MoBo 3in1 drivers. Voiloit my drives all showed up, which then got me thinking I started FS9 and guess what......ALL IS WELL. Not only is all well, but my FPS are through the roof, I'm averaging 17fps on the ground at busy airports and ridiculous FPS in the air with sliders maxed. Trying not to repeat myself but thanks for all your help..."-Bryan

Guest Brett458

Thank you sooooooo much Bryan,After "much hair pulling" LOL, Im finally flying with this sensational product. I must say the help and level of service,Not to mention the software is second to NONE! Thankyou, from one VERY satisfied and extremeely happy customer. If your reading this, and thinking about purchasing FS2Crew....DO IT, you wont be dissapointed.Brett

Guest vicruss

Can someone please describe step by step what to look for, and how to go about this. I'm not quite sure what to look for. Thanks, Russ

Guest Brett458

Gday Russ,First,right click my computer and select properties. Next, select the advanced tab, and then select Device Manager. About 8 entries down the tree, there will be an entry that says "IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers" click on the + next to this entry. In my case I only had 1 entry (this was due to me not installing my Mobo drivers correctly I think, went I built my PC) "Primary IDE Channel", but you may have a couple of other options, i.e "Secondary IDE Channel" Dont worry, this will still work. Next, right click on "Primary IDE Channel and select "Update Driver". Select "Install the software automatically" and select next. The Hardware update wizard will scan and install the latest drivers and your problems will be solved. Let me know if you have any troubles.Brett

Guest vicruss

Brett, Thanks for the info. Unfortunately it didn't find any driver updates. I have never been able to find an updated driver that way. It doesn't seem to go out on the internet to find them. I noticed tha I have 2 primary and 2 secondary IDEs. If you can come up with any other suggestions, please let me know. I love the program, but can't live with the frame rate hit. Thanks again, Russ

Guest Brett458

Gday Russ,What sort of MoBo do you have? Go to there website and download there latest drivers. If you have any troubles finding them, let me know what your specs (including MoBo & OS ) are and ill see if I can help...Brett

Guest vicruss

Morn Brett, Ihave downloaded and installed the latest drivers for my MoBo. Don't know the exact MoBo# but it's a Gateway 550GR 3.2g Comp. I think I have the latest drivers for video(ATI X700 256mg pci express). 2gig mem. Thans for the help.

Guest Brett458

Gday again Russ,I take it updating the drivers worked???Brett

Guest vicruss

Don't know yet. Haven't reinstalled FS crew yet. I'll let you know. Thanks again for the help.

Guest ChrisY

I'm sure this is very useful advice but to the unitiated what on earth is a MoBo is it simply the motherboard. It has taken me ages to hopefully fathom what it is. Please remember most of us only use computers and don't necessarily know all the jargon. Especially those of us who were born years ago!ThanksChris

Guest Brett458

Sorry Chris,As Bryan said, yes, a MoBo is your motherboard. Let me know how you go, and if I can be of any further assistance...Brett