Sign in to follow this  
clayton4115

cannot get further than engine start

hi Bryani know i am doing something wrong, last night i tried the KSO - LAX tutorial, however after pushback i call the sequence for 1 engine start then press the green box engine start,then the FO tries to start the engine howver all i hear is like a clanking sound for engine start,i know i have missed something in the overhead or somewhere else, can you help me on this and tell me what switch / knob etc has to be pressed so i can get proper engine start.also what switches the captain has to push / pull engage for engine start.thx

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram

Hello Clayton,Make sure that that the APU and APU Bleed is On. Check the first part of the tutorial again on how you need to set up the Overhead before the FO starts his receiving flow.For engine start, all the Capt has to do is move the fuel levers to idle. The FO does the rest.Cheers,Bryan

Bryan what happens if i dont move the fuel levers to idle?Where is the fuel levers? next to the throttle quadrant? I cant access the fuel levels next to the throttle quadrant in VC mode.

Hello Clayton,Flight1 has a free utility that you can use to move your eyepoint around easily. It's called "F1 View Module".It's in the Avsim File Library. I suggest you download it.I assume the eyepoint issue is why you can't access the fuel levers, which are located on the throttle quadrant.I actually suggest learning FS2Crew while using the 2D cockpit. 2D cockpits I find easier to use than the VCs.Bryan

hi Bryani still cant get passed to engine start, i can do it manually myself however with fs2crew, im stuck, the FO tries to start the engine but it just stuck at 4.1 N1 and wont go further,i have the overhead panelBattery onAPU onAPU gen onFuel Pumps onPacks offIso Valve OpenEngine Packs offAPU bleed onim stumped.

Hello Clayton,That's weird all right. The FS2Crew FO only moves the Start Switch and turns the Packs to Off after you announce the Engine Start sequence.FS2Crew doesn't change the PMDG's inner system logic or anything.Can you manually start the engines without using FS2Crew?What happens when you move the fuel lever to idle on the throttle quadrant?Is the FS2Crew FO moving the Start Switches to Start? And the Start Switches are staying the Start Position?Bryan

hi bryanforget most of the issues i had with my jstick / FA etc i sorted all the problems out.yes i will upgrade the latest patches.

Guest manfermef2

hELLO, Im equal conditions!I think doing all needed in the manual to prepare the cokpit, and when ready to start whith the fuel lever to idle,sequence 1 2, marked 1 to FO start engine 1----> nothing occurs.Then i do automatic start(Ctrl-E), but when arrived to BTO/TO/ATO, then try to swith A/T, and then i cannot, the swith dont respond.The flight might be aborted.Another question, could do i to start PMDG 737-700 whithout Fs2Crew whithout deinstall it? How?Well, ill tks all the helps.

Hello Manuel,Please ensure that the beacon (anti-collision light) is off prior to starting FS2Crew. The FO will turn it on during his Before Start flow.The beacon needs to be on for several events to work.Also ensure that you're bringing the engine generators on-line during your After Start flow.Please re-read the Tutorial flight.Cheers,Bryan

Guest manfermef2

Hi Brian, all accomplished as well in a tipycal flight EGLL-EDDF entirely flight with A/T, using VNAV , and desc path!!But ...always a but, x:-) ,why didnt I heared callouts V1-Vr-v2 ?, and also why FO said me " check your taxi speed " when running take off?Appart those bit things all seems to be very well. As much i use as much i get trapped on it!!:-bigangel

Hello,Glad things are starting to clear up for you.For the takeoff calls to play, you need to be in takeoff mode.Please arm the A/T shortly before takeoff, and complete the takeoff checklists (to the line and below the line).All the best,Bryan