Sign in to follow this  

The Race Has Begun! Official RTW Race Thread

Pirep:KDVN- KLBFLeg: 3 (I guess)Equipment:Vought (Default)Flight Time:1:47 estFuel Used:232 US galsWX: Started off OVC down low Then about an hour into the flight became CLR landing with a few SCT. Maintained a light headwind the entire flight.ALT: climbed to 12K then went up to 16.3KRemarks: Really didn't plan for the trip just tring to keep the race going. Started out thinking of using the Mustang but couldnt get a long distance haul out of it so instead loaded up the Vought. Didn't have Comm or GPS or Navaids So I used the shift+Z key and used sections and Flight Guides to get around with the provided Lat, Long, Alt, Hdg, Airspeed. For some reason my Force Feedback MS Joystick rattled the entire time?! It was like flying while holding onto a power tool the entire flight! I disconnected the power to make it go away.Kilstorm McBride

Guest Basten_TFF754

Ok, I'll do the next flight. KLBF>KRIW360nmBasten Heidema__________________________Bill Grobowski's*MD11 BETA Team*___________________________NO BLOOD FOR OIL!!!Basten Heidema The Netherlandsbasten@cheatsplaza.com

Congratulations on reviving the race! I'm sure you will give us at flightsim at the very least a run for our money.FYI:We are asking both forums to stay out of the restricted airspace over Iraq and China to make this as real as possible.Regards-

Basten,Please let me know when you've arrived at KRIW. (Something may have happened...). If we can do this shortly, I'll take the next leg to Glacier Park.Blue Sky,Mike

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

Guest Basten_TFF754

Mike,Arrived finaly at KRIW... I had to do some things for school (got some tests this week :-(Have a nice flight to Glacier ParkBasten Heidema__________________________Bill Grobowski's*MD11 BETA Team*___________________________Basten Heidema The Netherlandsbasten@cheatsplaza.com

I'll let this one go again, but you guys need to start posting screenshots with your flight reports as per the rules.Who's got the baton?

KRWI-KFCA if possible.Mike MacKuenmackuen@unc.edu

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

KRIW-KFCA. 398nm. 2:21.Arrived at Glacier Park International.Glorious day over the Rockies--though substantial headwinds cause slowdown. (Ah, flying East to West...)Best to the next in the hot seat.Mike MacKuen

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

Oops. Here's the picture.MM

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

Ok, so it'll be interesting how we're going to hit Central and South America now, since we're now up in Canada...... Here's an idea to keep this thread more organized, so we're not having to search all over the thread to find the latest "I have the baton!" or flight report.......When you take the baton, click the Reply button on the *TOP* original message. To file your flight report, click the Reply button on your "I have the baton!" message.This will create a more logical (and chronological):I have the baton! My Flight ReportI have the baton! JoeBlow's Flight Report My comments...etcand post any comments on a particular leg by replying to that leg's flight report or "I have the baton".....This way, we can look at the end of the thread for the current status, instead of searching the thread for the most recent status based on post times.... Makes it so much easier... :( (For lazy people like me, at least :D)

StoneC0ld_zps439869f4.png

Declared weather:  FSX: ASN / FS9: ASE

Guest dcc

I've got the baton now ... going from cyka to cyxs in utter darkness! (flying P-38 Glacier Girl)- dcc