Sign in to follow this  
Guest batsoulis68

Frame Rates

Guest batsoulis68

Hi I changed the res. from 1280 x 960 32bit to 1024 x 768 16bit,I moved the sliders a litle bit to the left and the problem solved.Now I enjoy the flying with a good FPS 13 to 22(locked).I'm using only 2D cockpit.Thx to allBest Regards

Guest Kultsound

Hi all!Just thought to add my two cents to the discussion although I have not yet purchased fs2crew (it's actually downloading in the bacground...). I had too, and still have a similar problem, but it seems to me that it's related to any range of addons and fs9.I agree that old versions of pmdg 737 had that problem but it also happens with certain addon panels. The symptoms are as with a memory leak but if it really was then it would be true under all circumstances, not only on certain systems but here it happens more often with clouds than without, with certain panels (but not for example the 800/900 panels, nor the PSS Axxx series), etc...In overall, I suspect it has to do with the graphic drivers since it also seems to be dependent on settings in FS9. A brilliant way of getting FS9 to start chewing graphics is to minimize it several times, or even better, open a window in front of FS9! That really upsets certain addon aircraft, so again, that has to do with windows multitasking rather than anything else...Anyway, I shall try out fs2crew and get back to the issue :)// Peter A. Mankowskihttp://www.mankowski.co.ukhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/ng_driver.jpg

Guest Kultsound

Right, have just flown a few rounds with fs2crew and it's FANTASTIC! Yeah, I've used fshotseat but this is a great step for some realism and ambience! Back to the framerate issue, not even a single frame difference! My setup is as follows;AMD XP3000+, 1GB ram, 120gb disc, UA-5 external audio interface, NVidia GeForce 5600, WinXP sv2 and more...Among things to consider are, enough ram to see to that windows does not work against a swap file. Check your audio drivers very carefully! My Audigy card used to produce about 5-6 more frames/sec in FS9 than my external until Edirol released its latest drivers and now there is no difference. Check background processes under Win that may slow FS9 down... There are a lot of reasons why certain software suddenly go slow ...// Peter A. Mankowskihttp://www.mankowski.co.ukhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/ng_driver.jpg

Guest drwoodworth

Hello,I was having a serious frame rate drop after installing fscrew. After reading throught all the posts on this topic and trying the differant posibble solutions, I remembered I had installed Des Bradan's sound package for the 737. I uninstalled FScrew, removed all sound files from this sound package, reinstalled the PMDG software and reinstalled FScrew. No more frame rate problem.I am back to about 18-25 fps.I use AS2004 and RadarContact.My system is:P4 3.06512Ram120gb HDATI Radion 128.By the way, excellant program.Derick Woodworth

Guest schimmi

Hi!I still have the same problem as described: the memory of the fs9 process increases by around 100kb/s . I have tried several things now to get this fixed. I played with the several pmdg models (2d, 3d cockpit), changed the screen resolution, color depth and so on. It doesn't help. Without fs2crew it's all fine. It look like that the memory leak often takes several seconds to show up, i.e. the memory consumption is constant for maybe 30 seconds after switching the aircraft to pmdg and then increases again. No idea where it comes from.My specs: 1GB ram, ATI 9800 pro with latest drivers, two screens attached, CH yoke and pedals, fs2004 in windowed mode, SB Live value, Ivap 3.02.Has there been any progress with this problem since the last postings in this thread? If I can help with debugging, Bryan, please tell me. I am developer myself, so maybe we can work this out somehow (via ICQ if realtime communication helps).Stefan

Guest Kultsound

Stefan,Still sounds to me like it not being a memory leak! The only part of the winxp processes FSCrew accesses all the time is the sound. Btw, checking for process memory will only show you what FS9 allocates, not where why and how...Two things that spring to mind with your setup are your SB Live card and Ivap. To start with, check for the latest SB drivers. That may help and Creative are quite good at updating their drivers.Second, try to run without Ivap (means - re-start your computer and do not turn Ivap on at all!). Ivap, as cool as it may seem is still in beta mode and VERY buggy! Because Ivap runs within FS9 then whatever it may run off with in terms of process time and memory will show up as FS9 when you look at your resources....Hope it helps,Peter// Peter A. Mankowskihttp://www.mankowski.co.ukhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/ng_driver.jpg

Stefan,Did Peter's suggest work?I honestly don't know what more I can say. If everyone suffered frame rate problems I'd say sure there is a problem, but when only a tiny tiny fraction of all users have frame rate problems it suggests that the problem is local.Cheers,Bryan

Guest Dutchbird_757

I run a high end system too and are also having problems with my FS9 fsp. They drop to around 6 to 7 as an average. I use one monitor and a seperate fast harddisk for my FS9 solely. I've already had to pull some sliders in the Display settings back to get FS9 going. I also got a Soundblaster Live! Value from creative. Could that one be the problem????? I usually fly with frames averiging around 15 to 18 and never had this experience. It started after I installed FS2Crew.Can someone please specify if there is a patch or fix (official) coming and if so, when and for what? Thanks in advance all.Regards,DutchBird-757My specs: Windows XP SP2, FS9 (no MS Patch), ATI Radeon 9800XT, P4 2800MHz, Soundblaster Live! Value. Seperate Western Digital HD for FS9 only.

Guest Dutchbird_757

Bryan, it's done. Thanks...

Guest schimmi

I have done several tests today to find out the reason for the problem.- I don't think it depends on the SB Live because the memory also increasing while using the onboard soundcard.- Even in the 2D panel the problem seems to appear.- I did several tests with Memory Validator (http://www.softwareverify.com/memoryValidator/). 75% of all resources were allocated by a dll of ATI Hydravision. I have removed Hydravision from the system. Right now I am doing a "burn in" test. Until now fs2004 hasn't crashed again because of low resources. Last time it did so at around 670MB memory consumption. A minute ago it was at more than 800MB without a crash. So I assume that the crashes weren't a consequence of too few memory, but due to some other resource type. Memory Validator showed a lot of DLL handles, more than 170000 at the last crash. So I assume that was the real reason. Anyway, I will let it run until tomorrow morning. If it doesn't crash the chances are high that Hydravision was the source of all trouble. Let's hope.Stefan

Guest schimmi

It's a multi monitor utility by ATI.After removing Hydravision most of the resources are allocated in crewIcon.gau, more precisely 348019 handles after the crash that happend somewhen during the night. Those handles are allocated at the address 0x1304 of the gauge:push SS..GaugeSoundjmp_KERNEL32.dllLoadLibraryASo it seems that the sound lib is loaded 348019 times during a session?Bryan, could you take a look at it (I hope not everything is hidden behind your gauge editor)?Stefan

Stefan,Pls email me at: admin@fs2crew.comAs I say, there are A LOT of people running FS2Crew with absolutely no frame rate issues, including people on dual monitors. Why less than a fraction of 1 percent is having frame rate issues is still a mystery to me.But I take ever report seriously so email me and we'll figure this one out.Cheers,Bryan