Sign in to follow this  
Guest batsoulis68

Frame Rates

Guest Dutchbird_757

Bryan, I just finished the first test after installing the update and this is my conclusion.I flew one approach with FS2Crew and watched the frames closely . They were around 22 to 25 far out and dropped to 8 to 10 when on short finals.So I installed the old PMDG cockpit (thus without FS2Crew) and did the exact same thing. Frames ran around 32 to my framnerate limit of 35 when far out. When on short final they were 13 to 17 and stable.The difference was really noticable.If felt like FS9 was less busy loading something...Do you know that feeling when you think FS9 is loading something? The frames drop for a brief moment and then run at their old level. Without FS2Crew I didn't notice this...Hope this helps you...

Dutch,Pls email me at: admin@fs2crew.comI honestly don't know at this point. I'm going to need a lot more info.The FS2Crew user base is extremely large and 99 percent of all people experience no frame rates issues.Even the Avsim reviewer mentioned that he experienced no frame rate drop in his review.Still, I'm interested to know what's happening with your system to satisfy my own curiosity.Pls email me. I need to know a lot more about your system and in particular what other addons you are running, your sound card settings, etc.Cheers,Bryan

Guest LSMike

"Not everyone is having this problem." Well, I am. I have been flying the PMDG 737-800 for months now. I use the add-ons Ultimate Traffic (set at between 40-60%), ActiveSky 2004.5, Radar Contact, FSHotSeat and Flight Keeper. By today's standards, my system is low to medium end. I do have it well tweaked, though, using FS Autostart, PCI Latency Config, Antialiasing and Anisotropic off, System set to performance mode, etc. After months of tweaking and fiddling with the sliders (most set at the half-way mark) I have achieved frame rates that solidly stay in the 16-20 FPS range - even with heavy weather and traffic on takeoff and approach. I installed FS2Crew and everything worked fine - except the performance. Frame rates dropped to 6-10 with stuttering and jerkiness becomming unbearable. I started making adjustments throughout the system. Sliders all the way to the left. Tried default ATC and left out RC and FSHS. Nothing improved appreciably. After several frustrating hours, I decided it just wasn't worth it. I like having these other programs running and the immersion factors they bring to the sim. I don't think I'll be taking advantage of the guarantee, though, because sometime in the near future I plan on upgrading my PC. I'll try it again then. My system specs:Dell 8100 @ 1.4 MHz512 MB RamNVidia FX5200 w/128 MB RamSantCruz sound cardThanks for an ear.

Guest LSMike

Below is a link with info on the Santa Cruz card. It's been a good card and haven't had a problem with it. I am very dilligent about keeping my drivers up-to-date.I'd be more inclined to try a different video card first. Horton's Hints in the January Computer Pilot mag has an excellent performance comparison for sound cards running in FS. My FX5200 is 4 or 5 from the bottom. So, I don't think I'll chase the sound card thing now. I really don't want to put any more money into this rig anyway. http://www.turtlebeach.com/site/products/s...acruz/specs.asptanks anywayLSMike

Hi!First of all, thanks for the greatly enhanced flying experience with FS2Crew. I like the program very much, but I still couldn't solve the framerate issue. Sorry, I know it is an old topic... My last trial was to deinstall FS2Crew as well as the PMDG 737. Then I reinstalled the 737-600/700 and the 737-800/900 packet. Then service release and model update. I started FS9, chose KSEA and the default Cessna as flight and, once on the runway, loaded the PMDG 737-800 with 2D panel only. My framerates (locked to 24 fps) were stable at 23.5. Even after switching views, changing viewpoint and zooming in and out nothing changed - constant 23.5 fps. :)Then I installed FS2Crew as well as all the patches and updates, chose the same situation and loaded the 737-800. Without doing anything the framerate is hopping between 8, 16, 19 and 23 fps with an average of 18. After starting the engines, while performing the take-off, severe stutters occur making the control of movement nearly impossible. I have to note, that until that point I haven't switched to any other view than the 2D cockpit, as proposed in an earlier reply. But obviously that didn't help to avoid the severe framerate loss in my case. :-hmmmWith flying time the situation gets even worse ending in a CTD or hanging FS9 after 1 to 2 hours. Please help, I have no ideas anymore! :-zhelpMy System:- Intel Pentium 3.2 GHz- ATI Radeon 9800XT with 256 MB- 1 GB Ram- AC3 Onboard sound / Soundblaster Audigy 2 (tried both - no effect)- Windows XPThanks in advance and best wishes,Sven Vogeler (EDDW)

Hello Bryan,thanks for your fast answer.1. Yes, I disabled the on board sound within the BIOS.2. As mentioned before, I already use the 2D cockpit version only.Does anybody has another idea?Grrrr, why have I to belong to the few people having the framerate problem?!? x( Best Wishes,Sven

Hello Sven,I'm sorry...I wish I could be of more assistance here.There are a lot of people using FS2Crew and I can count on my hand the number of people who have reported frame rates problems.Unfortunately without being able to look at your computer setup and seeing what else you have installed on your computer, I can't be of much more help.I might suggest doing a clean re-install of FS2004, the PMDG and FS2Crew.Who knows, maybe there is another addon you've got somewhere that causes problems.Maybe it's a bad video driver? It could be a million different things.All the best,Bryan

Hello Bryan,thank you for your support.My video and sound drivers are up to date. But I won't give up! :-samuraiNext I'll try to make a clean FS9 installation on a different partition and see, if that solves the problem...Best Wishes,SvenP.S.: I'm really looking forward to the upcoming ATR version. Hopefully I won't have any framerate problems with that one...:-roll

Guest skyhog

Hi All, I have found that using Radar Contact which uses ADV Disp that the Adv Disp window causes a FPS drop. I always keep it inhide mode when I don't need it. Also the is a conflict with thatwindow and the FS2Crew approach window. As a result I don't evenopen the Adv Disp window after vectors to final. The AdvDsp window will also cause FPS drop in heavy weather withoutFS2Crew loaded. Just an observation on my part that I thought youshould know about.Cheers

Guest Brett458

Gday all,Has this problem been solved as yet, and if so what was the solution?I just purchased the 737 base package and FS2crew and installed them both at the same time,WHAT A DISASTER! I am getting around 7 fps at BEST, and usually its only 3 or 4 fps. I thought the problem was with the PMDG aircraft but after doing some research I uninstalled FS2crew and Im doing a flight at the moment and getting a constant 20 to 25 fps in the air and between 17 and 20 on the ground! I realise that the magority of FS2crew users arent experiencing this problem, but from this thread alone there are also quite a few that are. My specs are :AMD XP 2800+ (OC 3200+)Win XP1gb RamGeForce Ti 4800SE2 monitorsFS9 + FSNav runningPlease help, as my frames are so bad I cant even use FS2crew due to FS being a slide show.Brett

Hello Brett,Sorry to hear about the frame rate issue.99.9 percent of all users don't have problems with frame rates, so it's very difficult for me to fix what I can't reproduce unfortunately.For an experiment, can you try disconnecting your second Monitor and see if that makes a difference.I have lots of dual monitor people using FS2Crew with no problems, but why not give it a shot.What kind of sound card are you running?Send me an email at: admin@fs2crew.comBest regards,Bryan

Guest Brett458

Hi Bryan,OK, I tried that and still no good. I disconnected my 2nd monitor,then reinstalled FS2Crew,frames back down to between 1 and 6 ;( My card is a SB Live. Hope we can sought this out though even at 2 FPS it looks like something (when working) I wont fly without.Brett