Sign in to follow this  
Guest batsoulis68

Frame Rates

Guest batsoulis68

Hi,I have a NVIDIA GeForce4 Ti 4600 and I get 17 to 22 (locked) FPS when I using PMDG 738/739.With FS2Crew the FPS drop down to 5,6 to 10 FPS max.Any ideas?My systemP4 2,81Gb ramres 1280 x 960 16 bitExcellent Work!!Thx ;-))

Guest batsoulis68

Hi againI just finished an on line flight from LGAV to LGRP with Heavy Traffic and bad weather.It was a dissaster,max FPS never exceeded 9 and the most of time was arround 3 to 8.I believe it's a great program but also it's a frame killer.Sorry about that.Pls consinder that all my program run on 2second PC(voice client,SB,weather client,SBrelay,fsacars) on First pc the only running program is FS9.I have aforementioned my system specificationsThx again!!

Hello George,Frame rates: It's something to do with your system. Not everyone is having this problem. I certainly don't. I don't have any frame rate loss and I'm running an old computer. FS2Crew is not a graphic intensive program and the "math" it does so to speak isn't so complex that it's going to steal all your cycles.My thoughts:1. You're running two monitors I take it. FS2Crew seems to be having some issues with people who use two monitors. I'm working on that.2. As an experiment for me, try setting your resolution to 1024 by 768 and do a flight. You won't notice hardly any difference in terms of overall graphic quality.Let me know how it goes George.All the best,Bryan

Guest mav2

>Hello George,>>Frame rates: It's something to do with your system. I don't think so. I think F2Crew has a memory leak. Once it's running, FS2004 is requesting memory like crazy. Once the virtual memory on the harddisk is full, windows is shutting down FS2004. The old PMDG 737 versions had the same problem. It's a creat program, but due to this issue it's slowing down the system dramatically.

The interesting thing is that it doesn't happen to everyone. I don't have any problems and I'm running an old computer. I had over 20 people run FS2Crew before going public and they didn't have this problem.I'm interested to know what kind of Sound Card people are using who are experiencing this kind of phenomenon.Cheers!Bryan

Guest mav2

>I'm interested to know what kind of Sound Card people are>using who are experiencing this kind of phenomenon.I'm using a SoundBlaster Live.

Me too.I take every reported issue seriously, and I'm presently investigating your report.Are you using the 2D or 3D cockpit?Suggestion: To test to see if it is in fact FS2Crew causing this problem, make a backup copy of the existing panel.cfg files in the PMDG 800 folder (these are the ones modified by FS2Crew).Next, revert back to the Original PMDG panel.cfgs. When you do that, FS2Crew is essentially "gone." None of it loads.Next, do your flight again using the *exact* same conditions and see if your frame rates drop.Let me know what happens.All the best,Bryan

I consulted with some other people on the possible frame rate issue and determined that there can be no true blue 'memory leak'.Memory leaks happen when the program allocates memory for things, but never releases them. Make sense?Without going into total Geek-Speak and talking about C++ commands such as 'new', 'malloc', or 'calloc' and the associated 'delete' and 'free' comands used to release the memory when it's no longer needed, I can assure that this is not a problem for FS2Crew. FSCrew doesn't really even use those commands.FSCrew doesn't use DirectX code, so there's no memory of buffers that need to be freed up.It was also suggested to me that because FS2Crew uses a lot of variables, that it could be emphasizing someone else's memory leak.I'm still open to reports on this matter though.However, when you report, I want to know what other applications you're also running. Maybe we can narrow it down and see what's causing the problem that way.Cheers and thank you,Bryan

Guest mav2

>Next, do your flight again using the *exact* same conditions>and see if your frame rates drop.I did this right after I experienced the problem yesterday, cause I wanted to find the cause myself. Fact is, that everything was fine - as before I installed FS2Crew.Of course it was a bit more boring - since once you know what FS2Crew has to offer, you don't want to miss it. ;)I found, that NOT switching views, while running FS2Crew is causing FS2004 to be more stable. I completed two flights without switching views. However, I was circling through the outside views after touchdown and after stopping at the gate - and experienced the heavy swapping again. This does not happen when doing the same without Fs2Crew and PMDG 800/900.Thanks for your dedication - it sure is a greate piece of addon and I'll continue to use it trying to avoid to much "looking from the outside".Regards,Marcel

Hi Marcel,Thank you for your kind words. I'm glad it's hard to go back to flying without FS2Crew on board.Let's try some more:Did you by any chance install any extra scenery, programs, cloud textures, anything, between the time you last used the PMDG 800/900 and the time you installed FS2Crew.What addon programs are you also running? Ie., Squawkbox, ActiveSky, etc.Were you always flying with the 800 or 900 before installing FS2Crew?Did you install any new PMDG models before installed FS2Crew?Sometimes I just wish we all had Commodore Vic 20's... We never had problems like this back in the good'ol days!!!!!Cheers,Bryan

Guest mav2

>Did you by any chance install any extra scenery, programs,>cloud textures, anything, between the time you last used the>PMDG 800/900 and the time you installed FS2Crew.No, nothing. I even deinstalled Fs2Crew and flew the same flight again (as you suggested) It was all good - as before I installed FS2Crew.The flight where I experienced the problems was even from a stock fs2k4 airport to another stock airport.>What addon programs are you also running? Ie., Squawkbox,>ActiveSky, etc.Nothing. Just pure FS2004 with real weather updates every 15 minutes.>Were you always flying with the 800 or 900 before installing>FS2Crew?Yep - and a couple of other addon planes of course.>Did you install any new PMDG models before installed FS2Crew?No.I can infact reproduce the behavior of heavy swapping by installing/desinstalling Fs2Crew and doing the same flight - without modifying anything else on the setup.>Sometimes I just wish we all had Commodore Vic 20's... We>never had problems like this back in the good'ol days!!!!!I can imagine that. Working as a project manager for a big IT company, I sure know what it is like to meet the requirements of all possible systems out there - and that there are indeed some weired bugs nobody would ever think about.Regards,Marcel

Marcel,What resultion are you running? I use 1024 * 768. If you're not using that, try it. You never know.Also, are you loading the PMDG with the VC cockpit or VC cockpit and cabin?If so, try loading the PMDG with the 2D cockpit only. I have someone right now testing various panel.cfgs to try to identify the source of the Dual Monitor Crash issue... early indications are suggesting the the VC could be the possible culprit.Cheers,Bryan

Guest mav2

>What resultion are you running? I use 1024 * 768. If you're>not using that, try it. You never know.Using the exact same resolution.>Also, are you loading the PMDG with the VC cockpit or VC>cockpit and cabin?Well, I used to fly with VC modell (without the cabin) but after I saw, that switching views caused the swapping I thought, well, don't use the other views and I selected the 2D modell (since there was no point in chosing the VC models). I completed the flights with the 2D modell. However, the sweaping still occured when switching views.>indications are suggesting the the VC could be the possible>culprit.Well, this may be, seeing, that I was actually able to complete the flights with the 2D cockpit, whereas flying with the VC modell (although using the 2D panel, not flying in VC mode) caused Fs2004 to crash after not having enough virtual memory anymore.I will do some more tests maybe tonite or tomorrow.Thanks for your dedication.Regards,Marcel

Believe you gents should also consider the possibility that mem swapping due to hyperthreading may contribute to this problem. With a number of external add-ons, I have found that constraining FS and the add-ons to both run on a single vCPU makes a huge difference. No idea if this is the case with F Screw but it is another possibility.RegardsBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-V L-300Washington, DC

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Right now I'm pretty sure it's the VC causing the probs. I just hope we don't have to scrap the VC cockpit integration.I personally don't like using the VC, but I suspect a lot of you do.Therefore, until we figure out the VC issue and if you're having problems, please do this:Only load the PMDG 737 model that comes with the 2D cockpit only.Do **not** load the PMDG 737 model that has either the VC cockpit or VC cabin.Thank you!Bryan