Sign in to follow this  
clayton4115

undocking

hi Bryanis it possible to undock the flow window to another window on a multiple window setup?also can everything be controlled from the VC with this add on, or do you need to go to 2D mode at some phases of flight, also how much work does the FO do with regard to start up etc, can you make him do most of it, if so what do you as the pilot have to do / know to successfully start the engines and etc all the way to take off.rgds.

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram

Hello Clayton,1. You can move the Windows around the screen. The windows only need to be open when you need them open. As for moving them to other computers, search the forum on that. I think you can. I'm going to have to double check myself as I don't use multi-monitors.2. Yes, you can control everything from the VC.3. Generally speaking, you can't control what the FO does or does not do with regards to items that he peforms during his flows. That is hard coded. For example, during his Before Takeoff Flow, the FO will set the Start Switches to CONT. There is no option to prevent him from do that. Make sense?Everything the FO does is based on the SOPs used at a real airline, so when you're using FS2Crew what you're seeing is the real deal with regards to procedures, call-outs, etc.There's way too much to describe here, but when you start the Engines it basically goes this way:1. Announce the Engine Start Sequence. You must choose Engine 1 or Engine 2 here on the appropriate FS2Crew Page.2. Command the FO to start Engine 1 (or Engine 2) depending on your situation.3. The FO will then move the start switch for the said engine to Start.4. As the Capt, you're in command of the fuel levers, so when it's time to move the fuel lever to idle, your job is to do that.5. The FO will announce oil pressure rising and start valve closed.6. Repeat for the other engine, then call for the After Start checklist, at which point you and the FO will perform your After Start flow items.Hope that helps,Bryan

thanks Bryan, sure looks like a winner,can you point me to the right direction as i want to get some tutorials on familiairising myself with the overhead panel,i know there is one on the site but doesnt go into detail on the overhead nor starting for cold n dark.also i dont think i can switch the fuel levers in VC mode only for the 800/900 AC.

Hello Clayton,FS2Crew includes Tutorials that are pretty detailed.There are a whole bunch of PMDG Tutorials out there by Timothy M.About the fuel levers in the VC, why can't you move them? Just change your eyepoint position if you can't see them.Cheers,Bryan

ya i sure must be doing something wrong, i will most likely be buying your add on shortly.

Guest Moviedirector20

No offense ment here, but I have a recommendation. Get farmiliar with PMDG's product and how to use it well, thats already a pretty steep learning curve. When I got this product I was like "Huh?" and I got the A/C itself down in a few days. So if you want to go ahead and get it im not stopping you just a recommendation.Cheers

well flying the PMDG 737 for over 2 years now, and only this jet for fs, i think i am well tuned to her.thanks.