Sign in to follow this  
Guest nat2005

Just a few questions

Guest nat2005

Hi,I just have a few questions: You know the start consideration buttons on the Engine Start page, do they work? Because if i click them nothing is said. And also, i saw in the FS2crew slideshow that the Co-Pilot calls "Approach lights insight", which type of approach does he do that because i have never had him do that?Cheers,Nathanial

Hello Nathanial,Engine Start Considerations: They should work. All they do is play a pre-recorded dialogue when you press them.Approach Lights and Runway in Sight: Ensure that the Approach Sub-Mode is active. These call will only be triggered if the visibility is below 9 SM.For them to work properly, you need to be descending on a standard 3 degree glide path.Hope that helps,Bryan

Guest nat2005

Hi,About the Start considerations: Is there a certain point i have to click them becuase i hvae tried every thing and nothing happens?Approach lights insight and runway insight: So aslong as i have an approach mode selected, im descending on a 3 degree glidepath and the visibility is below 9SM (BTW, what is 9SM in Miles?) i should hear the callouts? I will give it a go today.Thanx,Nathanial

Hello Nathaniel,Forgot to mention, for the Start Considerations dialogue, for the "W" button the tail wind must be greater than 5 knots as displayed in the box beside the W button or you can't make the call.For the approach lights/runway in sight call: For your experiment, just set the visibility in FS2004 to 5 miles just to be safe.Bryan

Guest nat2005

Hi Bryan,Thanx, i will give it ago now i think, and that may explain why nothing happens with the W button :) Cheers,Nathanial