Sign in to follow this  
Guest X-ray

FO stalls Boeing then recovers

Guest X-ray

Hi,First of all, I really love FS2Crew and I won't fly without this kind of realism anymore! However I've got one small problem.When I let the FO perform the takeoff, he always pulls up the nose way too much (>20

Guest X-ray

Hi Byork,Thank you for your fast response.When I set the trim to a better value just before TO, the FO indeed perfoms the TO as it should.But, according to the manual, the FO should set the trim as part of his taxi flow. I checked it out again and found out that he doesn't set it at all. However, he sets all other items in the flow the way it should. He sets the Autobrake to RTO, he sets the flaps to 5 when I request it, ...The trim's keyboard assignments are set to the numpad by default. I have a special keyboard that doesn't have a real numpad. It does have a simulated one (i.e. the numbers are each assigned to a letter on the keyboard and when I hold a special "numpadkey" and press the letter the number appears). Could this be the reason why the FO cannot set the trim? Can I fix this?Thanks,Bart

Hello Bart,I checked the manuals.If you look at the Tutorial, it mentions that you as Captain should set the TO trim after the Loadsheet arrives, which is the correct procedure.You're right though, in the flows manual, Trim is listed as one of the FO's flow items in the Taxi section.But all the FO is doing there is visually confirming that the TO trim is set. He's not supposed to actually set it.I've added this to the list, and I'll add a call so if you forget to set the TO trim, the FO will point out your mistake.All the best,Bryan

Guest X-ray

Ok, now I do understand. Bryan, once again thanks for the quick clarification!Greets,Bart