Sign in to follow this  
STUART_H

Can PMDG version be used on others?

I own the PMDG 600/700 and am considering purchasing FS2Crew, but was wondering whether if I purchase the PMDG non-800/900 version, that I could still manually amend panel.cfg's of other freeware 737's e.g. FFX 737-500 etc. so that the programme is not restricted to the PMDG 737.I am aware that there is a version available for purchase for the Default737/others, however as I own the PMDG I presume this should be my choice, but I would like to utilise it with others too, but without paying additionally for another version. I already own and use Flight Deck Companion and am unsure of the added benefit that I would gain from FS2Crew.Regards,Stuart Hyett

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373

Hello Stuart,There is nothing technically stopping you from adding FS2Crew for Non 800/900 owners to other aircraft.The issue though is effectiveness. Most of the PMDG is 'custom' programmed and therefore not accessible to other programs (this is the case for most high-end 3rd party addons).That's why I had to design a specific version of FSCrew to account for this, and that's also why I had to use mouse clicks and PMDG keypresses to interact with the plane.Now, if you were to try to use transplant FS2Crew for the PMDG to another aircraft, the main result would be the FO would not be able to do his job very well. He wouldn't be able to set Autobrakes, start the engines properly, etc.A lot of basic things will still work, though, like lights.That's why I had to create a special version for the Default 737 and other freeware 737's out there.Make sense?However, my advice is to go with the PMDG version of FS2Crew.Why?The PMDG is the best 737 out there, nothing else really comes close.Why would you want to fly a freeware aircraft when you could fly the PMDG?Bryan

Guest rubberball

HelloThis may appear to be a silly question but i have just downloaded the default 737 serive update and when i loaded the plane up i didnt see the CPAL buttons...am i doing something wrong..please help?Kind Regards Paul

Hello Paul,First the obvious, do you own the Default 737 version of FS2Crew?If so, was CPAL visible before you installed the Update?The Service Update for the Default version of FS2Crew doesn't change the panel.cfg at all, so I don't see how it could cause CPAL to vanish.Did you try modifying the panel.cfg for the Default 737?Cheers,Bryan

Guest rubberball

HiDerrrgh! No I dont own the default 737 i thought it was the FS2004 Default 737 not a FS2Crew version...I have the pro version so i wont bother..thanxs anyway Bryan and thanxs for the reply.Kind Regards Paul